|Date Posted:||Mar 23, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Mar 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
See Duties and Responsiblities
Duties & Responsibilities:
The IT Specialist must be skilled in computer networking, LAN/server applications, software management to include antivirus/firewall applications, and database development. The IT Specialist designs, builds, and maintains a moderately complex secure database, maintains database dictionaries and ensures system integration. Designs, installs, and maintains data communication between mainframe, terminals, printers, LANS, and remote site hardware. This is a sedentary position. One to two (1-2) years of related experience and/or a college degree is required.
1. Candidate must be proficient in English, Dari (reading, writing, and speaking); Pashto is highly desirable but not required for the majority of personnel.
2. A college degree (no specific degree required) is highly desirable.
3. Knowledge and skill in the use of automation equipment and of software needed to perform work involving automated systems (i.e, word, excel, power point).
4. Must have well-knowledge and experience in networking, database management, MCSE, CCNA, etc
5. Combinations of successfully completed education and experience may be used to meet experience requirements.
6. Skills, abilities that include an understanding personnel management principles, practices, and terminology are required
7. A valid/current Afghan passport and active banking account highly desirable.
8. Excellent interpersonal and written communication skill;
1. At least 5-6 years of work experience with (12) months of work experience in the same field.
9. Competencies i.e. Leadership, Client Orientation, Teamwork, Effective Communication,