|Date Posted:||Oct 6, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Oct 15, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||6 - 8 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children:
The French Medical Institute for Mothers and Children (FMIC) was founded in 2006 is a unique public-private partnership between the Governments of Afghanistan and France, a French NGO – La Chaine de L’Espoir/Enfants Afghans and the Aga Khan Development Network through the Aga Khan University Hospital. FMIC embodies a sign of hope for the medical care mothers and children in Kabul. The Institute has risen to the challenge of charting a course towards sustainable health solutions for Afghanistan. It is the first ISO certified hospital in Afghanistan, aiming to provide compassionate, accessible, cost-effective, high quality care services to the population of Afghanistan. Currently the hospital provides161-bed inpatient care for children and adults, including 15 beds for pediatric intensive care, 17 bed adult cardiac care with a state of art cardiac catheterization laboratory, 52 new beds for maternal care, 63 beds allocated for pediatric medical and surgical units and a 14 bed neonatal intensive care unit. Six operation theatres, a department of radiology which includes CT-Scan and MRI capabilities, a state-of-the-art laboratory, a 24 hour pharmacy service and outpatient services for the adult population in medical and surgical specialties. FMIC also runs a Postgraduate Medical Education considering a training hub for healthcare professionals. Through its e-Health programme, FMIC offers telemedicine and eLearning services to hospitals in Bamyan, Badakhshan and Kandahar in Afghanistan and Khorog in Tajikistan. FMIC is working towards expansion of its health services towards establishing a comprehensive 400 bed Academic Medical Complex in Kabul, which will serve not only the Afghan population but Central Asia as well, as a medical Center of excellence.”
Manage professional services at FMIC which includes Clinical Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Outpatient and Medical Record Departments.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Excellent communication skills written and spoken, including presentation and report writing.
- Excellent computer skills specially in MS Office Package.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills including, ability to analyze and report the data correctly.
- Excellent understandings of Joint Commission International Accreditation or JCIA is an added plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate would be able to:
- Manage Professional Services at the hospital, which includes Laboratory, Radiology, Pharmacy, Outpatient and Medical Record Departments.
- Ensure proper implementation of quality management systems.
- Lead the professional health division in planning the future strategies in line with the goals and objectives of the institution.
- Participate in annual strategic planning and budget sessions.
- Provide directions to the team to increase diagnostic volumes
- Liaise with NGOs, Embassies and other corporate sector for Marketing related activities.
- Analyze the volume in the progressed services and explain variance and propose timely action.
- Prepare monthly / quarterly progress report of the division.
- Work on any other matters that may arise or that may be assigned the FMIC CEO.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Ideal candidate must have Bachelor in Business Administration