|Date Posted:||Jan 6, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 20, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade CAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Tetra Tech - JSSP:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting and engineering services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle. Tetra Tech provides technical, management, and advisory services to help developing and transitioning societies navigate the challenges they face. We work around the world to help establish and strengthen productive relationships between state and society and develop sustainable government and justice systems that are responsive, transparent, accountable, fair, and efficient. In this way we increase stability, foster investment, and improve the rule of law, which benefits our partner countries as well as our economy back home.
The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of International Narcotics and law Enforcement Affairs (INL), funded Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP) is a nationwide criminal justice sector development program focused on institutional capacity building as well as training and mentoring in Kabul and key provinces, and utilizes international and Afghan Advisors to train and build capacity for Afghan officials within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ), Attorney General’s Office (AGO), Supreme Court (SCT), Ministry of Women’s Affairs (MOWA), and other justice sector institutions. The program has the following four sections:
- Case Management System Development
- Legislative Capacity Building
- Organizational Capacity Building
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Advisor, Procurement (OCB)
Nationality: Local National (LN)
Base of Operations: Kabul, Afghanistan
Salary: NTA Salary Scale - Grade C
Required Clearance: VSS-A or other INL-approved vetting
Tetra Tech, Afghanistan Justice Sector Support Program (JSSP), is seeking applications for Advisor, Procurement (OCB) position for Organizational Capacity Building section under the supervision of Section Lead (OCB).
Provinces to travel:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Fluent in Dari / Pashto and English
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist justice institutions in streamlining procurement processes in accordance with the Afghanistan Procurement Law and Rules of Procedure and international best practices
- Coordinate with JSSP M&E team to measure procurement capacity of justice institutions and draft capacity development plans to target needs
- With support from OCB trainers, revise training plans and strategy on an ongoing basis as indicated by M&E assessments
- Train counterparts in procurement processes, including in tendering, pre/post bid evaluation, selection of appropriate suppliers and contractors and promoting good procurement practices with regard to transparency, accountability, sustainability and ethical purchasing standards
- Train counterparts on procurement processes and provide day-to-day mentoring on procurement activities
- Assist in warehouse management
- Participate in meetings promoting procurement best practices and coordinate with other donors working on procurement and general National Procurement Department
- With support from JSSP OCB-CMS integration advisors, socialize the process of using CMS in other justice institutions’ procurement departments to inform activities that lead to procurement requests
- Work with and assist the counterparts in developing and implementing a database system for inventory tracking
- Maintain current knowledge of Procurement Law, Rules of Procedure and other significant documents related to procurement
- Liaise with the Ministry of Finance as needed
- Travel and conduct training in provinces to the procurement staff of the justice institutions
- Conduct meetings to further JSSP programmatic delivery at both the U.S. Embassy/INL-Kabul and GIRoA ministries and departments
- Prepare timely information for JSSP reports, deliverables and success stories for activities and accomplishments on a bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual basis, or as otherwise assigned
- Identify needs and propose recommendations for better OCB implementation
- Rapidly respond to requests for information from JSSP Management, INL, and Tetra Tech
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience and a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
- Experience collaborating with Afghan government ministries and institutions
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with cross-sectoral key stakeholders to ensure collaboration to meet project goals
- Past experience developing and implementing relevant training courses preferred
- Demonstrated understanding of Afghan legal system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to provinces
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
Applicants must meet the minimum requirements to be considered for this position. Applicant’s cover letter/resume must clearly describe how minimum requirements and experience are met.
Please submit the list of documents below to Applyjssp no later than January 20, 2020. The subject line MUST be (Advisor, Procurement-OCB - VA 19-141), otherwise your application will NOT be considered for the evaluation.
- Updated CV
- Cover letter, which demonstrates eligibility and interest (maximum one page).
No in-person appointments or phone calls will be entertained. Only selected qualified applicants will be contacted. Hard copy application package is not accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.