|Date Posted:||Sep 24, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Legal Advisor|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About BRAC Afghanistan:
BRAC is a nongovernmental development organization originated in Bangladesh and currently working in 10 countries in Asia and Africa. BRAC began its operation in Afghanistan in 2002, has been implementing its development programs in education, health, citizens’ charter Afghanistan programme as well as capacity development in the country.
Advocacy is one of the main strategies what have been taken to make the project successful and sustainable.This positionholder will be responsible for developing a very comprehensive advocacy strategy paper and attainable implementation plan. In consultation with GEC-T Project Manager and Programme Manager-Education, s/he will take the lead roles to ensure that GEC-T project implements evidence-based advocacy at all levels with cost effectiveness and efficiency.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Conduct a situation analysis focusingon the current tools and ground necessities in line with the project outcomes and results.
• Develop an appropriate advocacy strategic paper and plan as well as ensure effective implementation of that plan considering the GEC-T project’sobjectives.
• Develop and update evidence-basedadvocacy materials for GEC-T.
• Formulate action plans for specific initiatives that would generate stakeholders’ participation, build related advocacy platforms and channels for the positive support on Girls Education in Afghanistan.
• Explore BRAC GEC-T project activities in different forums both internal and external.
• Organize learning sharing forums and workshops on GEC-T project’s interventions. Lessons and successes at all levels
• Supportthe Project Manager to form networks with various stakeholders related to Girls Education Challenge-Transition policies and priorities in Afghanistan.
• Actively participate and represent BRAC GEC-T movements and positions in various networks and forums.
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationship with community elders, government authority, civil society organizations in favor of GEC-T.
• Any other job or related task as determined by the supervisor.
Master's degree with 5 years of experience
• Advocacy policy and strategies are in place and are updated time to time
• Advocacy targets are met in all levels
• Appropriate and effective mechanisms for advocacy are in place and active
• Evidence based and up-to-date materials are available for advocacy actions
• Stakes of all level are supportive towards BRAC GEC-T activities.
• GEC-T advocacy activities are visible to the organization, donor and government authorities.
• Functional relationship is developed and maintained with relevant ministries and departments for supporting the GEC-T project implementation.