|Date Posted:||Jul 29, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Aug 13, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Communication,Adviser,Management,Project Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Integrity Watch Afghanistan:
Integrity Watch is an Afghan civil society organization committed to increase transparency, accountability, and integrity in Afghanistan.
The mission of Integrity Watch is to put corruption under the spotlight through community monitoring, research, and advocacy. We mobilize and train communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries. We develop community monitoring tools, provide policy-oriented research, facilitate policy dialogue, and advocate for integrity, transparency, and accountability in Afghanistan.
Integrity Watch was created in October 2005 and established itself as an independent civil society organization in 2006. It has approximately 90 staff members and 381 Local Monitors. The head office of Integrity Watch is in Kabul with provincial programmatic outreach in Balkh, Herat, Kabul, Kapisa and Nangarhar.
Integrity Watch’s work has three major components: (1) Community Monitoring, (2) Research, and (3) Advocacy. Integrity Watch tries to encourage active citizenship and community mobilization through its programs. Our community monitoring work includes development of community monitoring tools, mobilizing and training communities to monitor infrastructure projects, public services, courts, and extractives industries.
Our research work is focused on policy-oriented research measuring trends, perceptions and experiences of corruption and covering wide range of corruption related issues including security and justice sectors, extractive industries, budget and public finance management, and aid effectiveness. The objective is to develop new, ground-breaking empirical research in order to set the agenda, influence decision-makers, and bring to the public attention non-documented and non-explored issues.
The aim of our advocacy work is to enhance Integrity Watch’s pioneering role in advocating for knowledgeable decision-making and informed public debate on corruption and integrity. Our advocacy work includes facilitation of policy dialogue on issues related to integrity, transparency, and accountability. We advocate for integrity of justice sector, access to information; budget transparency, accountability, and participation; aid transparency and effectiveness; social accountability; and other issues related to anti-corruption.
Advocacy Specialist-Peace Governance is responsible for design and implementation of project on promoting sustainable, transparent, and inclusive peace. S/he will work to conduct research and provide policy recommendation to facilitate civil society’ engagement, protect independent institutions, and enhance anti-corruption efforts during and after the peace process. The advocacy specialist-peace governance officer is expected to contribute and provide support to information campaigns of integrity watch.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Advocacy plan and implementation
- Develop, implement and update an advocacy plan on peace-governance;
- Advocate for CSO’s engagement in key matters in the peace process;
- Lead coordination with government, media, and CSOs, to facilitate participation of CSO’s in decision making of the peace process;
- Provide support to Head of ACU advocating for inclusive peace, access to information and independent institutions, transparency and accountability;
Small Scale Research and Translation
- Develop policy/advocacy briefs in coordination with advocacy and communications unit on various peace and governance related issues;
- Advocacy for the findings of researches conducted by Integrity Watch;
- Translate documents into English, Dari and/or Pashto;
Event management and training
- Organize conferences and workshops in Kabul and provinces;
- Carry out trainings for CSOs and communities;
Partnership and coalition building
- Identify and develop good relation with Stakeholders from government, parliament, donors, CSOs, media, academia, etc.;
- Build and maintain coalitions to do collective advocacy for the implementation of advocacy campaigns;
Project management and reporting
- Carry out internal report to the line manager;
- Follow-up on issues with finance, HR and logistic departments;
- Produce events reports, and properly file the project documents;
Any other tasks given by the Head of ACU;
Education and experience
- A Bachelor degree in political science, sociology, law or any other related field. A Master degree will be preferred.
- 3-5 years of working experience of advocacy or programme;
- Excellent Knowledge and experience of working with communities;
- Excellent advocacy knowledge and experience;
- Excellent skills of report writing;
- Experiences of event management and conducting workshops and conferences;
- Ability to translate documents in English Dari and/or Pashto;
- Excellent computer skills of Ms, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and outlook;
- Ability to develop relations with government, donors and CSOs;
- Result-oriented and able to deliver within tight deadlines;
- Willing to work overtime if requested by Integrity Watch management;
- Ability to follow instructions;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Please apply by sending a CV and a cover letter that outlines how your experience and education relate to the skills and experience outlined in the Terms of Reference to: firstname.lastname@example.org In the e-mail subject line please write “Advocacy Specialist-Peace Governance “and your name.
The deadline for application is 13 August 2020. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received.