|Date Posted:||Jan 21, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jan 27, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Project Based|
About Kakar Advocates LLC:
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
The Agribusiness & Export Development Advisor will be responsible for increasing quantity and export of Afghanistan’s agribusiness products. Support the integration of high quality and quantity of goods produced with industry standard agriculture practices.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Support farmers and processors associations to adopt new technologies and techniques to increase the quality and quantity of their agriculture production.
2. Develop strategies to increase exports and enhance domestic market through more rigorous food safety systems, packing, and post-harvest methods.
3. Strengthen the linkages among performers in the respective value chains and foster cooperation through strengthened industry associations.
4. Support in building the availability, quality, capacity, and sustainability of agribusiness.
5. Identify high value new agricultural products for export promotion and support ongoing initiatives to increase production and value added of these products for potential export.
6. Design programs to promote agricultural operation nationwide and assist in building their capacity through training.
7. Prepare written outputs on trade, exports and business development of agribusiness (e.g. whitepapers, analysis and reports etc.).
8. Participate in field missions and provide guidance to external consultants, government officials and other parties and draft mission reports.
9. Undertake outreach activities for agribusiness and its export promotion; conduct workshops, seminars, develop presentations on assigned topics and activities.
- Master’s degree from a well-recognized university in relevant fields, i.e. public administration, economics, law or business administration.
- Having at least 3-5 years of relevant work experience working in Afghanistan either with the Afghan government or international organizations at senior levels.
· Demonstrated capacity and substantial experience in dealing with policy and strategic issues related to agribusiness and export development.
· Excellent command of English language as well as local languages (Dari and Pashto).
· Strong follow-up and punctuality to meet deadlines.
- Proactive and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to produce well-written documents, presentations and reports in English.
- Flexible working hours to cope with work pressure.
- Disciplined, representative, ethical, professional and hard-worker.
Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.