|Date Posted:||Apr 14, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 21, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Mission East:
Implementation of agricultural activities of Mission East in Takhar province
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Maintain timely implementation and monitoring of Mission East agriculturally-related projects
* Collect and analyse data professionally on agricultural needs in districts in Takhar Province, where Mission East is operating.
* Submit regularly written reports on Monitoring and Evaluation of Mission East projects - including written reports in English and Dari â€“ as requested by Provincial Project Manager (PPM) and Community Development Advisor (CDA).
* Take responsibility for coordinating projectsâ€™ implementation and for training staff for agricultural projects.
* Represent Mission East at regional agricultural coordination meetings, as requested by PPM.
* Contribute to strategic program development to improve rural livelihood and social institution, and common property resource management.
* Assist in designing project proposals for rural development, as requested by PPM
* Assist Mission East senior management with various tasks, as necessary.
* Work and behave in accordance with the procedures and guidelines stipulated in the â€œMission East Field Security Manual.â€
* Act in a professional and appropriate manner at all times.
Qualifications: Preferably at lease, university level in such as Agriculture, and Environment.
* An ideal candidate will have a solid background - at least five years work in agriculture or related sector.
* Strong reporting skill by MS office (Word and Excel)
* Good communication skill written and oral, including email
* Fluent in English (written and spoken)
* Good team management experience.
* Willingness to travel to field (villages) is essential
* Experience working in NGOfor rural development projects and staff management is a strong asset