|Date Posted:||Mar 1, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Mar 11, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
This position requires a minimum of a Bachelorâ€™s Degree or 2-3 years of experience focused in Agriculture, demand-driven projects, participatory planning and rural/community development. Training in agriculture required. Capacity to undertake hazardous travel to rural areas is needed
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manage and implement all daily agriculture related activities, especially demo plats of orchards, vineyards, nurseries and vegetables in the IDEA NEW targeted communities and districts.
2. Controlling technical activities such as irrigation, weeding, pruning, grafting as well as preparing grafting materials on time
3. Sowing and testing the seed, weed and pest control on proper time.
4. Technical training of agriculture staff such as gardeners, farmers and students, especially for subjects related to orchards, nurseries and vegetables.
5. Some research work for fruit trees and vegetables
6. According to the plan provide or find source of fruit trees sapling and vegetable seeds.
7. Collaborate with other departments of IDEA NEW, especially in matters related to input supply for, and production and sale of, orchard products, crops and vegetables.
8. Provide good agricultural/horticultural extension packages and properly implement the devised strategy for their dissemination.
9. Deliver extension services to farmers to help improvement of food access and livelihoods with more diversified income sources and capital assets.
10. Work according to the developed plan and methodology for maximum impact and effectiveness in consideration of growing conditions of targeted area, market, prices and availability of specific fruit and vegetables.
11. Followed the best practices in orchards, nurseries and sapling distribution activities. Make sure that cash values of fruit trees, vegetable and growing conditions in targeted area are considered.
12. Provide all necessary documentation of activities per program M and E system needs.
13. Follow all MC policies, procedures and security protocols
14. Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
15. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and not to jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Afghanistan;
16. Assist MC staff with any requests for information or data regarding program expansion or development.
17. Reporting the technical activities and collection information and technical data reporting to the Agriculture Business Development Unit Manager.
18. Participating in meeting, work-shop, and technical training.
19. Other assigned duties.
20. Closely work with female farmers for increasing capacity building, sustainable lively hood at different Agriculture projects.
21. Willing to travel at remote area for implementation agriculture activities.
22. At least have information about marketing activities.
23. Should keep liaise with women affairs directories at province for coordination
24. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
25. Other duties as assigned.
This position required for qualify person with belcher degree at least 2-3 years work experience, have good relationship, participatory at community development planning at rural area.