|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and wellbeing of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
Mobilize and sensitize the target communities, inform the influential/community leaders of the agriculture activities of the project and involve the community and local authority in all stages of project implementation. These are 3 full-time, grant-funded Agriculture Community Development Worker positions based in Badghis (.Qala-I-Naw and Qadis district ).
Requires travel to provinces:
- Ability to write meeting minutes.
- Good time management and scheduling skills
- Honesty and personal integrity
- Skills in carrying out monitoring and supervision of programs at the community level
- Communication skills and knowledge of local communities
- Strong skills in oral and written Dari
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Participate in community mobilization/sensitization, project planning and implementation agriculture component of the project.
2. In coordination with Agriculture Supervisor, identify the most vulnerable households for seed distribution.
3. Facilitate training on kitchen gardening, nutrition and preparation of vegetables for consumption in the household. (small scale processing of vegetables).
4. Assist to mobilize, sensitize and seek community and local authority participation at all levels.
5. Facilitate workshop and training regarding kitchen gardening.
6. Facilitate planning and implementation of agriculture activities in the target area.
7. Provide weekly reports to the agriculture supervisor on the activities.
8. Execute other activities instructed by the agriculture supervisor and project manager.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badghis
- Experience in maintaining group dynamic
- Experience in group formation and conflict resolution
- Willingness to travel extensively to the targeted districts
- Ability to work in a team environment