|Date Posted:||Jun 11, 2022|
|Closing Date:||Jun 28, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture Engeenring|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Qamar Foundation :
Qamar Charity is a German (11459) registered non-profitable charity organization that provides humanitarian assistance aid to those most in need. Run by a group of dedicated people inspired by equality and justice with the desire to save lives. Our team and volunteers are from the heart of your communities helping you make a difference.
Under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Agriculturist will implement the farming project at the community level. He will closely work with field staff and project beneficiaries in the target districts of Laghman province. Impart regular visits to farmers in the field, and provide technical agriculture training to project farmers. He will also provide support to the Project Coordinator in compiling weekly, monthly, and quarterly Progress Reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct experiments to develop new or improved varieties of field crops, focusing on characteristics such as yield, quality, disease resistance, nutritional value, or adaptation to specific soils or climates.
- Work with the project manager as well as with the Farming team to design and implement farming and dairy production projects.
- Support the team in executive activities and allocating tasks for them.
- Conduct mobilization meetings with target farmers, and promote sustainability through farmers’ participation and involvement in all Agricultural activities.
- Develop daily and monthly work plans and share them with the project manager for execution.
- Provide information or recommendations to farmers or other landowners regarding ways in which they can best use land, promote plant growth, or avoid or correct problems such as erosion.
- Document and share case studies, success stories, and field visit report as and when required.
- Discussion with the community regarding the extension of new methodology and introducing new varieties and techniques in the area.
- Working closely with the Project Management and another staff-related department team.
- Conduct regular visits to the district program site to observe and assess the performance of target beneficiaries and provide them information and technical advice as required.
- Conduct regular visits to farmer’s fields, identify technical problems investigate causes, and advise effective solutions to farmers and commercial growers to assure quality and ensure increased production.
- Review, verify and report on project-related activities conducted by the team at each step of the workflow by ensuring adequacy and accuracy of the information provided by the executive team through site visits and desk reviews for the following deliverables:
- Survey Reports
- Feasibility Study Reports
- Status and Progress Reports
- Completion Reports
- other tasks may assign by the line manager
- Bachelor's degree in Agricultural Engineering or related field from a recognized university.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in agricultural-related projects.
- Experience in writing reports...
- Ability to work well with project partners.
- Experience working on farming projects in the provinces.
- Demonstrable experience with MS Office applications: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Fluent in Dari, Pashto, and good English (written and oral).
- Ability to deal with difficult, often challenging work situations.
- Behavioral role model for peers and fellow team members.
- Competent to work with significant levels of autonomy and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Personal integrity, intuition, and self-motivation.
- Knowledge of personal strengths and weaknesses, active listener.