|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
This is a full-time, grant-funded Agriculture Supervisor position based on Qala-i-Naw with regular travels to Qadis district and Qala-i-Naw suburban areas. The Agriculture supervisor will be responsible for the proper implementation, supervision and reporting on agriculture activities, successes, setbacks, and plans. S/he is also responsible for providing technical guidance and support to Agriculture Community Development Workers.
- Being multi functional in agriculture, livelihood and marketing
- Good time management and scheduling skills
- Ability to work within and meet donor deadlines and reporting requirements (e.g quarterly report
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national and international staff
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Able to work in stressful environments.
- Able to work in physical hardship conditions with limited resources
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure smooth networking with other actors involved in livelihood/food security sector at local and higher levels as appropriate.
- Identify vulnerable households and provide seeds for the establishment of kitchen gardens.
- Conduct training on kitchen gardening, garden construction, nutrition, small scale processing and value addition to vegetables produce from kitchen gardening.and preparation of vegetables for consumption in the household.
- Ensure that the implementation of agriculture component of the project is technically sound.
- Provide necessary technical resources to support project implementation
- Support Project Manager to prepare and submit quality and timely Monthly Management Report by supplying technical activity implementation progress
- Assist in the implementation, follow-up and reporting related to agriculture and processing facility activities
- Work and liaise with the provincial department of Agriculture, and develop a close working relationship with the Shura members and beneficiaries.
- Work in coordination with the Project Manager and program team requiring preparation of seed distribution.
Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Support the process of DME (Assessment, Design, Evaluation) in the respective sector in alignment with LEAP standards and associated guidelines and share lessons learned with communities, development partners and other WV stakeholders
- In collaboration with M&E Coordinator ensure the monitoring system and tools are developed and used to track the progress of project implementation and to capture learning. Train the Development Workers on using the tools.
- Periodically update the Detailed Implementation Plans (DIPs) for agriculture component of the project.
- Other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badghis
- At least 2 years of experience in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of experience in dry land or vegetable growing
- 90 % field work