|Date Posted:||Jun 6, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Jun 14, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About NEI (Nutrition and Education International):
Our goal is to eradicate malnutrition through Soy production Soy culture development and training Afghan farmers Soymilk distribution Women empowerment NEI works to address malnutrition in Afghanistan, especially among women and children, because malnutrition is synonymous with protein deficiency. The mortality rate in rural Afghan areas is among the highest in the world. NEI identified protein-rich soybeans as a potential remedy in Afghanistan. Since 2003, NEI has been developing a self-sustainable soy industry through soybean production, processing, and soy food culture development. NEI has been collaborating with farmers, private sector partners, and the Afghanistan Ministries of Agriculture, Public Health and Womens Affairs.
This position will be responsible for soybean farmer identification, training farmers in field of soybean cultivation, production, soy home consumption and soy food culture development at remote area. Monitor soybean farm and assist farmers technically in pest management and other agro technics including postharvest management.
Closely coordinate and work with Agricultural Research Institute of Afghanistan (ARIA) to successful implementation of soybean experiments.
He will be responsible for well coordination with ARIA, DAIL, Provincial Economic Department and other related agencies for finding true beneficiaries and effective implementation of the project.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Educate and assist farmers to produce soybean for home consumption and market their harvest in excess to retail markets.
2. Educate and assist farmers to how they could improve and increase soybean productivity, using standard method of soybean production, harvest management, using machineries
3. Educate and train farmers on soybean farm pest management.
4. Establish soybean demonstration plots at district level and train the demonstration farmer and other farmers.
5. Educate farmers on agro-techniques to improve soybean production.
6. Monitor soybeans cultivation with farmers to provide technical assistance in yields improvement during production.
7. Estimation soybean yield and assist technically the farmers on soybean harvesting and storing.
8. Work with Agricultural Research Institute of Afghanistan (ARIA) on soybean varieties research.
9. Coordinate and cooperate with Provincial Research Stations to implement successfully the soybean experiments.
10. Monitor and supervise from Provincial Research Farms during soybean experimentation season.
11. Generate reports from different phase of program either farmers training or soybean research.
Having at least one year of experience in the same filed.
Having Bachelor Degree in Agriculture/ agronomy/extension.
Afghanistan – Kabul-Central provinces and travel to other provinces.
o Good knowledge of English writing, speaking
o Fluency in both Dari and Pashtu languages
o Good understating on Microsoft Office Program ( Word ,Excel, Power Pint, Outlook)
o Good knowledge and skills of data collection, analysis needed.
o Good management and problem-solving skills;
o Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.