|Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2011|
|Closing Date:||May 7, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Economy:
The Independent Administration Reform and Civil Service Commission (IARCSC) was established in 1382 to manage and lead the government’s efforts to reform and improve public administration in Afghanistan so as to meet the development needs of the country. Capacity Building for Results Facility “CBR” is an Afghan led reform and capacity building program, funded through Afghanistan Reconstruction Trust Fund (ARTF) under the Afghan National Budget. CBR program is managed by the Ministry of Finance and IARCSC and is supervised by a Steering Committee which is composed from the Minister of Finance and the Chairman of IARCSC. The CBR aims to assist the government in improving the capacity and performance of select line ministries in carrying out their mandates and delivering services to the Afghan people. To help reduce the reliance on externally financed staff, CBR supports the creation of a specialized and highly qualified cadre of civil servants, with the capacity to manage critical government reforms, and ensure that critical services are sustained. Specific capacity and institution building programs will be implemented with systematic monitoring of and reporting on results. All line ministries can participate in CBR, while the level of support is based on results.
Monitor and evaluate data collection and analysis in order to support the ANDS Monitoring department as well as the sector directorates and implementing ministries in the framework of ANDS.
Provinces to travel:
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining he/she shall develop an action plan for developing the directorate and its functions and also a work plan in agreement with his supervisor;
2. Develop methodology for monitoring the implementation of ANDS activities (ie outputs specified in the latest ANDS and sector strategies);
3. Support the development and revision of specific monitoring instruments, including definitions, reporting formats, questionnaires and timetables;
4. Provide advice to sector directorates and implementing ministries and other relevant organisations in determining indicators to monitor progress in implementing ANDS activities;
5. Provide advice to sector directorates and implementing ministries and other relevant organisations to ensure accurate data capture and timely data flows;
6. Draft training materials, guidelines and manuals on monitoring the activities of the ANDS;
7. Participate in the Departmentâ€™s involvement in training programs on monitoring for line ministries and other organisations, in conjunction with the relevant staff of the General Directorate for Sector and Provincial Coordination;
8. Work closely with the ANDS Monitoring Database Department and relevant donors in supporting the development of a Central Monitoring and Reporting System (CMRS) and implement the decisions of the Manager ANDS Monitoring Methodology
9. Support the drafting of monitoring methodology reports as well as any other reports, policy papers or analyses as required.
10. Assist in the development of new methods, tools, guidelines, standards and processes for production of effective results;
11. Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the Manager ANDS Monitoring Methodology;
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. Action plan implemented
2. Working in accordance with the official procedures and processes applicable to the department.
3. Drafts to department outputs, such as the monitoring methodology and tools etc prepared.
4. Training sessions conducted.
5. Required monitoring information in accordance with the rules and regulations as well as quality standards is captured.
Reporting and supervisory role:
The Senior Expert ANDS Monitoring Methodology shall report to the Manager ANDS Monitoring Methodology.
1. A Master degree in social science, development or relevant discipline with focus on research methodology or monitoring and evaluation with 3 years of relevant experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation, data collection and analysis or a Bachelor degree in the mentioned subjects with 5 years of relevant experience.
2. Written and spoken in Dari, Pashto and English languages.
3. Computer skills, MS office packages, such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Notice of revision:
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.