ANDS Sector Expert (Good Governance, Justice, Judicial and Human Rights, and Capacity Development Cross Cutting Issue)
|Date Posted:||Dec 22, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Jan 7, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About Ministry of Finance:
The ANDS Sector Expert will follow and support the prioritization of programmes in the process of ANDS Implementation and the development of sector strategies according to the national possibilities, Ministry strategy and ANDS sector.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Within six weeks of joining, formulate an action plan for revising or reforming the system so as to provide a better quality service.
2. Provide advise and analysis on the establishment and coordination of IMCs and support Program Budgeting process based on sector strategies of ANDS;
3. Coordinate the implementation of ANDS sectors strategies and the priorities and costing of sector programs and projects
4. Coordinate and follow up the meetings of the consultative groups and the working groups between the line Ministries and donor countries and, international organizations;
5. Coordinate the compatibility of Ministries development programmes in accordance to the sector strategy and ANDS and the implementation of goals and standard indicators in the ministry strategy, sector and ANDS;
6. Help the line ministries in evaluating, developing and review of the relevant sector strategies;
7. Perform on the procedure of strategy reporting with active cooperation of the line organizations to prepare the ANDS standard reports;
8. Analyse and ensure that the sector strategy would be prepared and renewed based on the â€œPRSPâ€ document and ANDS
9. Participate in the central and provincial consultative meetings in cooperation with the relevant ministries and provincial administrations to help them in consultative issues
10. Cooperate the renovation procedure of provincial development plans and based on that renovation of the sector and ministerial strategies
11. Provide liaison with the line ministries, NRVA team and CSO for better stream of information on the revision process and development sector strategy.
12. Ensure that he/she transfers knowledge and skills to other individuals and working teams in an effective regular manner in order to improve managerial ability, motivation and confidence.
1. Establishment and effective functioning IMCs
2. Proper coordination mechanism for different areas mentioned in the TOR established
3. Ministries aware of their sector strategy, outcomes and priorities
4. Ministry programs/projects reflect ANDS priorities
5. Revised policies incorporated in sector strategies
6. Line ministries report is in the standard ANDS reports
The ANDS Sector Expert (Good Governance, Justice, Judicial and Human Rights, and Capacity Development Cross Cutting Issue) shall report to the Section Director for Coordination of ANDS Development and Implementation.
â€“ Minimum requirements
1. A bachelorâ€™s degree in economics - development economy or equivalent, public administration or other relevant areas with 5 years of experince with government organizations or NGOs, private sector and international organizations Or a Masterâ€™s degree with 3 years in above areas.
2. Excellent understanding of written and spoken Dari/Pashto and a complete command of written and spoken English.
3. Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite and one or more data base and accounting programs.
â€“ Desirable attributes
1. Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
2. A strong ethical commitment to the virtues of public financial management.
3. Energetic, purposeful, aware of the importance of detail, efficient and considerate in the use of resources, reliable and able to act quickly.
4. Willing and able to guide, support and encourage others in the performance of their duties.
5. Familiarity with Government of Afghanistan culture, problems and issues.
6. Willing to devote his or her out of office time to join with other MCP appointees in developing professional skills in leadership and public service management.
Notice of revision
These terms of reference may be revised subject to operational needs.