|Date Posted:||May 4, 2021|
|Closing Date:||May 15, 2021|
|Work Type:||Part Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||10|
|Functional Area:||Rule of Law,Law|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
About Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Investment - ACCI:
About Afghanistan Center for Commercial Dispute Resolution:
The Afghanistan Center for Commercial Dispute Resolution has formally inaugurated on 30 June 2015 to provide dispute resolution services to the local and international businesses by the Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries. The center’s mission is to support attracting and maintaining local and international business and investment in the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan through offering alternative dispute resolution (ADR) services that are cost-effective, transparent, and accountable.
In introducing any new concept to a country or culture, organizations must be mindful to not ignore traditional mechanisms, this is especially true when introducing concepts of justice and dispute resolution. Afghanistan Center for Commercial Dispute Resolution (ACDR) seeks to firmly establish mediation and arbitration as sustainable services in Afghanistan. The ACDR is the first center of its kind in Afghanistan which provides commercial mediation and arbitration services to businesses. The ACDR will provide a place for both domestic and international companies to resolve their disputes outside of the court system. Although, Alternative Dispute Resolution, in the western sense is a relatively new concept to Afghanistan, the ideas behind these mechanisms are not new to Afghanistan.
Arbitrator candidates will have trainings on arbitration and ADR. The trainings will be conducted in English and local languages. The trainings and schedule will be shared after the candidates are selected. By the ending of the trainings, the trainees will be provided:
1. Arbitration Certificate;
2. ACDR Arbitrators ID Card;
3. Will be arbitrator in cases registered at the ACDR;
4. Added in the list of ACDR Arbitrators’ Roster.
The successful candidates will be contracted to work as an arbitrator for Afghanistan Center for Commercial Dispute Resolution (ACDR), depending on satisfactory performance and continued availability.
For this position, ACDR shall not offer any kind of direct, monthly or annual payment. The arbitrator shall receive payment upon Arbitration Case bases. In other words, this position does not constitute a full-time paid job with ACDR. The selected arbitrators shall receive their fees as payment from ACDR after resolution of their assigned arbitration cases.
All the workshops, trainings inside and outside Afghanistan shall be free of charge.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Participate in training workshops and capacity building programs.
· Train the next generation of arbitrators
· To facilitate communication between disputants to guide parties to ward mutual agreement
· To clarify issues, concerns, needs, and interests of all parties involved
· To conduct initial meetings with disputants to outline the arbitration process
· To settle procedural matters such as witness numbers or time requirements
· To set up appointments for parties to meet for arbitration
· To interview the parties, agents, experts, or witnesses to obtain information about disputed issues
· To prepare settlement agreements for disputants to sign
· To apply relevant laws, regulations, policies, or precedents to reach conclusions
· To evaluate information from documents such as claim applications, etc.
· To act fairly to both parties.
· Not to delegate the duty to other person(s)
· To decide all matters referred.
· To act together with other arbitrators.
· To keep the arbitration confidential.
· To conduct the arbitration fairly and without undue delay.
· To effectively resolve the dispute between the parties by rendering a Valid Award.
· Advanced Legal knowledge
· Communication Negotiation Skills
· Time Management Skills
· Familiar in English Language
• At least Master degree in Law
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Short listed candidates will be invited for exam and interview with the ACDR selection panel. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We kindly ask all applicants not to inquire about their application status.
applicants must include the position title and vacancy number in
the subject line. The
files should not exceed 2 MB
Applications including CV and Educational Doc should be sent before
15 May 2021
clearly state the position you are applying for in the subject