|Date Posted:||May 20, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination, and to representation in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
Under the supervision of Country Director and Head of Operations, the Warehouse Area Manager is responsible for the management and overall execution of the program in terms of adherence to the terms of reference and the budget, and maintenance of standards. The Area Manager will oversee a team composed approximately 100 national staff.
Provinces to travel:
· Proven ability with respect to the design, coordination, monitoring and evaluation of large-scale countrywide logistic programmes.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
· Highly motivated, results-oriented, and creative in problem-solving.
· Ability to cope with heavy workloads and to work under pressure.
· Ability to work independently and as part of the team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Oversee the warehouse operations in Kabul, Kadahar, Herat, Ningarhar and Mazar Provinces. Control Storage, Movement and receipts/issue of inventory as per UNHCR’s Procedures.
· Appropriate Management of warehouse related activities:
· Timely provide any support required for a smooth delivery of the operation:
· Timely provide all reports required in coordination with the supply unit in all the above five provinces.
· Define scope of work, goals and deliverables that support UNHCR operational needs in collaboration with UNHCR senior management and stakeholders.
· Estimate and avail the resources and participants needed to achieve UNHCR Programme goals.
· Draft and submit budget proposals to WAW and UNHCR, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
· Ensure that WAW receives the best service using the available resources efficiently.
· Create and execute programme work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
· Determine and assess need for staff adjustment and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary.
· Where applicable, discuss and agree with department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the programme staff or external.
· Provide staff with direction and input at all major stages of programme cycle.
· Ensure timely programme implementation and reporting.
· Ensure the service quality and overall integrity of the programme.
· Guide and manage the programme staff throughout the implementation period.
· Ensure the policies, procedures, and practices of WAW and UNHCR as expressed in the administrative guidelines are fully adhered and followed.
· Work with the Finance team to ensure that all necessary resources are requested, obtained, disbursed, monitored and reported within the context of the needs of UNHCR Warehouses and WAW office.
· Ensure all contracts issued are within the agreed working budget and are in accordance with appropriate law and WAW regulations and procedures.
· Ensure the respect of labour law, and internal regulation applicable at country level.
· Ensure all WAW policies and procedures are adhered to.
· Ensure programme documents are complete, up to date, and stored appropriately.
· Ensure programme legal documents are completed and signed.
· Resolve issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate.
Monitoring and reporting
· Monitor programme expenditure in line with approved working budgets, in collaboration with the Finance Manager and apply any necessary adjustments on the expenditure to comply with the allocated budget.Monitor and evaluate operational costs and obligations against delivered.
· In case of inventory discrepancies investigate and notify the UNHCR office as soon as possible (this includes discrepancies between warehouse records and the reports from the UNHCR office);
· Ensure that all financial systems are followed and financial reports submitted are accurate.
· Develop formats and tools based on best practices for programme execution and management.
· Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the programme team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
· Proactively manage changes in programme scope, identify potential needs for adjustment and communicate it to stakeholders.
· Review deliverables prepared by the programme team before passing it to UNHCR.
· Prepare progress reports of the programme at regular intervals to UNHCR.
· Supervise programme staff in all the five warehouses including staff job evaluation and the recruitment of new staff as required.
· Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
· Supervise programme team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
· Design activity and Introduce job description and objectives for key operations staff (clear responsibilities).
· Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the programme team.
· Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
· Identify opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
· Consistently acknowledges and appreciate each team members’ contributions.
· Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
· Motivate team to work together in the most efficient manner.
· Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members.
· Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
· Ensure that programme staffs are continuously developing their ability to fulfil their job descriptions as well as the organizational requirements.
· Ensure that all programme staff is aware of WAW code of conduct and understood the content.
· Ensures that capacity building through on the job training and skill transfer is applied.
· Overall responsible for ensuring that WAW Programme is delivered in a safe and secure manner.
· Briefs programme staff on basic security precaution measures.
· Ensures that good security management becomes a cultural and procedural norm for programme staff.
· Ensure that financial working relationship between the programme management, and WAW Kabul is developed.
· Act as contact with external and internal auditors as required including any additional audits by funding agencies.
· Effectively communicate programme implementations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
· Hold regular status meetings with programme team.
· Keeps programme team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
· Effectively communicate relevant programme information to superiors.
· Deliver concise and informative presentations.
· Resolve and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
· Guide staff to communicate and network clearly, appropriately and transparently.
· Manages smoothly day-to-day interaction with WAW and UNHCR senior management.
· Sets and manages team expectations within the agreed terms.
· Communicates effectively with WAW and UNHCR to identify needs and evaluate alternative solutions.
· On time, project implementations as per agreed terms and conditions.
· Ensure all program deliverables are completed with the highest standards and quality.
· Ensure staff capacity building and capacity development in all areas of the program.
Ensure liaison and communication with Donor and keeping of smooth and professional relation.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· A minimum of 10 years of experience in humanitarian logistics with progressive management responsibilities.
· Experience in Afghanistan or in similar complex displacement scenarios is highly desirable.
· University degree education BBA, DAB, or any other Master’s degree in relevant discipline, or relevant experience.
· Languages: (indicate fluency level)
· Fluency in written and spoken English; knowledge of Dari and/or Pashto.