|Date Posted:||Oct 5, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Oct 15, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science,Data analysis,Data Management|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||13 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest volunteer-based humanitarian network established by and comprised of member National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in 192 countries. Along with National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” It works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises. The IFRC is served by a Secretariat based in Geneva, with regional, country cluster teams and country offices throughout the world. The Secretariat is led by the IFRC Secretary General and provides the central capacity to serve, connect, and represent National Societies. The Secretariat’s focus includes providing support to the IFRC governance mechanisms; setting norms and standards; providing guidance; ensuring consistency, coordination, and accountability for performance; knowledge sharing; promoting collaboration within and respect for the Movement; and expanding engagement with partners.
Established in 1990, the IFRC Country Office in Afghanistan operates as a platform It works to enhance the capacity, organizational development, auxiliary role to public authorities and outreach activities of the Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS). IFRC also facilitates collaboration with the International Red Cross Red Crescent Movement as well as with non-Movement actors with a view to expand resilience outcomes across Afghanistan.
In line with IFRC strategic priorities derived from its Strategy 2030, the IFRC technical support ranges from climate action to disaster and crisis management, to health and WASH, to migration and displacement as well as empowerment and inclusion activities, with a particular focus on readiness to emergency response, livelihoods and cash, immunization and community health. In the context of COVID-19, the IFRC country office has also expanded its support to ARCS in addressing the health and socio-economic impact of the pandemic by supporting immediate and longer-term needs of the most affected communities. In addition, IFRC is also supporting ARCS in providing support through the Humanitarian Crises Emergency Appeal.
Under the direct supervision of the Disaster Risk Management Coordinator, the Assessment and Analysis Officer Assessment Officer will support and provide technical assistance in designing tools, coordinating with ARCS for implementation of assessments, data entry, data analysis, data management, and production of statistical reports. Details of accountabilities and responsibilities are below.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- In coordination with the Disaster Risk Management team, develop workplans for the assessment cycle, and ensure implementation and follow-ups.
- Support in designing the methodology and tools associated with each assigned assessment, including the drafting of Assessment Terms of Reference (ToRs).
- In coordination with the DRM and PMER teams, design data analysis plans to analyse all data collection and consolidate all analyses and conclusions from assigned assessments.
- Keep track of all progress and delays throughout the assessment cycle.
- Develop accurate assessment outputs using Microsoft and Adobe software, ensuring the quality and accuracy of technical information provided in both technical factsheets and detailed written reports.
- Provide advice and guidance to ensure that the results of an assessment, both findings and the consequent programming decisions are fed back to the population of concern.
- Enter project data (beneficiary assessment, implementation updates, post distribution monitoring findings, etc) into database, ensuring the accuracy of data entry.
- Contribute to project reporting (statistics), including support in developing charts and statistical reports to track project progress, challenges, impact and compliance with standards.
- Maintain efficient information management system for all Disaster Risk Management (DRM) projects and activities. The system is subject to quarterly review by the Disaster Risk Management Coordinator.
- Coordinate the identification of critical assessment and analysis needs in support of IFRC and ARCS operational priorities.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals.
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles.
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in any field of computer science.
- Familiar at least with one data analysis software e.g., SPSS
- At least, 2 years of experience in assessment, analysis, or data management with (inter)national organizations.
- Experience of donor report writing (statistics).
- Red Cross/Red Crescent experience
Knowledge, Skill and Language
- Self-sustaining in Microsoft Office Software (MS. Word, MS. Excel, MS. PowerPoint)
- Confidential approach when dealing with people’s information
- Fluently spoken and written command in English as well as local language (Pushto and Dari)
- Core Competencies: Communications, Collaboration & Teamwork, Judgement & Decision, National Society & Customer Relations, Creativity & Innovation, Building Trust.
- Functional Competencies: Strategic Orientation, Building Alliances, Leadership, Empowering Others.
- Values: Respect for Diversity, Integrity, Professionalism, Accountability.