|Date Posted:||Jul 27, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 9, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||NTA, Grade FAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
About Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC):
The Directorate of Mine Action Coordination (DMAC) of the Afghanistan National Disaster Management Authority (ANDMA) is a regulatory body for humanitarian Mine Action Programme of Afghanistan (MAPA). Through its headquarters in Kabul and its seven regional offices, DMAC manages, coordinates and oversees the humanitarian mine action activities that are implemented by national and international non-governmental organizations and commercial companies. Mine Action has five pillars including Demining (survey, mapping, marking and clearance), Mine Risk Education, Stockpile Destruction, Victim Assistance and Advocacy. DMAC is being supported by the GIRoA and International Donors.
The incumbent will be hired by DMAC under the United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) pay-agent support project and, will be stationed Kabul. He/she will be responsible for the asset management, supplies and liaison related tasks in Administration Department of the DMAC.
Extension Possibility: depend on availability of found
Requires travel to provinces:
independently while keeping all stakeholders informed in a proactive manner.
· Able to prioritize the tasks.
· Able to travel to provinces.
· Fluency in both written and spoken English & complete command on local languages Pashto and Dari are required.
· Solid computer skills in Word, Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of DMAC Head of Administration Department, the Asset Verification Assistant will be responsible for the following activities (but not limited to):
· Ensure full compliance of property, plant and equipment management with DMAC rules, regulations and policies including effective internal control.
· Responsible for the reconciliation of DMAC assets. Prepare annual reports and statements on DMAC assets
· Assist in implementing a sound assets management in accordance with DMAC policy. Travel to all DMAC locations as necessary to ensure conduct stocktaking and audit on the correctness and accuracy of the DMAC assets inventory. Assist in organizing regular stocktaking exercises.
· Using DMAC computerized inventory management system analyzes stocks history data in order to maintain an efficient and reliable automated inventory-stock control system. Oversees the inventory records. Verify the accuracy of the data recorded/updated in the computerized database.
· Managing/reviewing assets including maintenance jobs, depreciation and disposal.
· Assist in preparation of the documents for submission to DMAC management for assets disposal.
· Assist in the implementation of the approved disposal methods. Implement the sale process of the assets in coordination with procurement unit. Coordinate with the stores representatives, the disposal of assets as per the approved recommendation and under the afghan rule and regulations.
· Ensure that the accurate and auditable records in both hard (filling system) and electronic format are maintained for property control and accountability.
· Oversee the Warehouse operations and activities to be complaint with DMAC rules, regulations and policies including effective internal control.
· Perform any other relevant task assigned by DMAC senior management
Supply Chain Management
· Deal with all aspect of supply chain management including but not limited to planning, budgeting, requesting, acquisition, reception, issuing, tracking, reporting, and maintaining the stock transactions and disposal.
· Keep record of all supplies purchased in a proper and accountable manner.
· Make sure, enough stock is available and managed properly for easy access.
· Deal and liaison all related work with government such as (MoEC, MoFA, MoLSAMD and Directorate of Traffic).
· Make sure that all registration and other documents for DMAC vehicles are up to date.
· Able to process travel authorization documents, submitted by requester.
· Make sure, flights are booked on timely manner.
· Make sure all TAs are process on time and the colleagues get their travel allowances.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or major in Finance, Accounting, Economics or relevant field with 2 years of relevant experience or Baccalaureate degree with 4 years relevant experience.
· Preferred update Knowledge of Afghanistan financial and procurement laws and rules.
· Attention to detail, work under pressure with attention to detail and ability to track and follow up on multiple tasks