|Date Posted:||Jan 11, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jan 25, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Computer Science|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
Afghan Wireless is Afghanistan’s first wireless communications company. When it began operations in 2002, we founded Afghanistan’s mobile communications industry by being the first enterprise to offer cell phone service to Afghan consumers and businesses. For well over a decade, Afghan Wireless has driven the rapid growth of our nation’s communications market, through its innovative development and deployment of global-class High-Definition (HD) Voice Communications, Internet, Data and Mobile Payments Services. More than 6,000 people work for Afghan Wireless, and our Company is directly responsible for the creation of 100,000 jobs throughout Afghanistan.
Assistant Administrator-Information System Security is responsible to assist the Administrator- Information System Security for the administration of the IT corporate firewall and deployment of security parameter to secure the IT corporate network and AWCC’s digital assets from unauthorized users and hackers by using his/her knowledge of information security principles and practices.
Assistant Administrator-Information System Security under the direct guidance and supervision of Administrator-Information System Security and Assistant Administrator – Network Infrastructures & Security will work closely to provide 24/7 systems security services for all IT domains, IP data communications of AWCC IT/GSM platforms.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Making sure that each department has a proper/complete Service Level Agreements (SLA) based on security policy of AWCC IT domain.
2. Providing security administration support for information systems and applications (e.g. UNIX, Windows and etc.) including Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solutions.
3. Providing complex, technical and enforcement of security directives, orders, standards, plans and procedures at server sites.
4. Running periodic vulnerability identifications in software packages and related tools, to immediately highlight errors in systems configuration, and indicating the needs for applications fixes and patches, and other security related changes.
5. Assuring that digital data on the systems/applications, databases, web servers and operating systems are protected from unauthorized access and any outsider attacks.
6. Assuring that systems/applications, databases, web servers and other related services are protected from exposures, based on procedures and manuals.
7. Assuring that all point-to-point/point to multi-point connections are secured from outsider attacks, and the best recommended protocols are in use in order to secure digital data transmissions.
8. Gathering evidence on systems, using security scripts, port scanning tools, and check-lists; to provide analysis and mitigation of threats and vulnerabilities.
9. Deploying mechanisms that assure all the outside to inside of AWCC IT domains accesses are based on secure tunnelling (e.g. VPN) and assuring the ease of access according to the service level agreements and manuals/procedures.
10. Advising to related teams on the new attacks and exposures on daily basis and give them sufficient solution.
11. Developing complex technical and pragmatic assessments, to evaluate engineering and integration initiatives and provide complex technical support for access security policies, standards and guidelines.
12. Identifying and overseeing the installation, modification or replacement of hardware or software components and any configuration changes that affects security policies.
13. Assessing the impact on the business unit/customer, caused by theft, destruction, alteration or denial of access to information and reporting to related chain.
14. Developing, maintaining and helping to implement in-depth Information Awareness programs through training and education within AWCC.
15. Assessing the knowledge level and capabilities of ISS team members based on the assessment, providing assistance in Training and capacity building of the team members.
Qualifications and Industrial Level Certification Requirements:
1. A Bachelor or Master degree in computer science/information technology or related fields are required (Master’s degree is preferred).
2. Certified Systems Security Professional (CSSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification and EC-Council’s Project Management in IT Security Certifications are required.
3. Must be certified in CCNA Security or JNICA Security and candidates with JNCIP-Sec or CCNP Security will be highly preferred.
4. The ideal candidate for this position would have an organizational background, with technical experience, related to the use of Microsoft, Juniper, Cisco, SQL, Oracle platforms, Linux, and etc.
5. Working knowledge of Global Security Standards such as ISO 27K family and ability to check and insure compliance of the deployed security measures with the mentioned security standards.
Work Experience Requirements:
2 to 4 years of experience in information systems security or related field is required.
1. Ability to stay up-to-date on the latest intelligence, including hackers’ methodologies, in order to anticipate security breaches.
2. Ability to meet deadlines; work under pressure, good negotiation and organizational skills.
3. Ability to Provide 24/7 network services for the AWCC corporate environment, plus flexible work schedules, occasional evening and weekend work.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Submission Guidelines:(ISS-Assistant Administrator/AWCC/REC/21/VA/002) Kindly mention the position title and vacancy number in the subject line of your e-mail. AWCC regrettably cannot respond to individual queries in relation to job or on the status of individual applications due to high numbers of applicants. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.