|Date Posted:||Aug 11, 2022|
|Reference:||Assistant Community Health and First Aid|
|Closing Date:||Aug 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Health Care,Coordination,Communication|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Maybe|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, with a network of 192-member National Societies. The overall aim of the IFRC is “to inspire, encourage, facilitate, and promote at all times all forms of humanitarian activities by National Societies with a view to preventing and alleviating human suffering and thereby contributing to the maintenance and promotion of human dignity and peace in the world.” The IFRC works to meet the needs and improve the lives of vulnerable people before, during and after disasters, health emergencies and other crises.
The IFRC is part of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (Movement), together with its member National Societies and the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). The work of the IFRC is guided by the following fundamental principles: humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality.
The IFRC is led by its Secretary General, and has its Headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Headquarters are organized into three main Divisions: (i) National Society Development and Operations Coordination; (ii) Global Relations, Humanitarian Diplomacy and Digitalization; and (iii) Management Policy, Strategy and Corporate Services.
The IFRC has five regional offices in Africa, Asia Pacific, Middle East and North Africa, Europe, and the Americas. The IFRC also has country cluster delegation and country delegations throughout the world. Together, the Geneva Headquarters and the field structure (regional, cluster and country) comprise the IFRC Secretariat.
Under the supervision of the Manager, Community Health and First Aid, the assistant is responsible to assist the implementation of IFRC Community Health and First Aid Program operational plan. He/she will work closely with Afghan Red Crescent Society (ARCS) ensuring the Community Health and First Aid Program is implemented effectively and efficiently in coordination with MoPH, MRRD and other relevant stakeholders at national and local levels.
- S/he extend support in implementation of IFRC-ARCS WASH software implementation.
- S/he assist/support IFRC-ARCS in overall management/implementation of IFRC health program and provide technical support to ARCS (Afghan Red Crescent Society) in implementation of program in targeted provinces.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The job holder will be responsible to assist with the administration, logistics, financial tracking and monitoring, reporting, including coordination of the Federation’s support to the Afghan Red Crescent Society in the implementation of the Health Program and Projects.
Program planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Assist IFRC funded ARCS Community Health and First Aid and Public Health in Emergency program and use appropriate PMER tools in compliance to IFRC planning and budgeting process.
- Assist in preparing reports for IFRC on agreed health projects (monthly, quarterly and annual).
- Conduct monitoring visits to IFRC funded ARCS health program/project areas especially and prepare the report from the field visits for feedback to ARCS Health Program team.
- Assist in preparation of case studies, stories for health reporting and communication materials.
- Assist on budget utilization/tracking on monthly basis in coordination with finance department.
- Assist ARCS in planning, organizing, and implementing planned activities at the field level.
- Assist ARCS in supervision, monitoring, and evaluation of the planned activities.
- Assist ARCS in follow up of project indicators and activities regularly through updating PMTs, this include every single activity of project in the field
- Assist the review of quality of the work completed with the teams to ensure that it meets the projects standards, targets, and objectives.
- Assist ARCS to implement a hygiene promotion program, which suits the local context and is widely accepted by beneficiaries.
- Work closely with program support functions (logistics and finance departments) to procure projects’ supplies within the project timeline.
- Assist in budget utilization tracking on monthly basis in coordination with finance department.
- Noting minutes from meeting and taking notes in events as and when its required.
- Assist in development of reports to donors with data collection, analyzing and drafting narrations.
- Development of requisitions for procurement and organizing logistic support, develop check-lists and survey forms for field work in guidance from health team.
- Set up and maintain proper filing, storage and back -up system of project documents and records and retrieve information when requested required.
- Review and prepare the working advances requests submitted by ARCS and ensure these are in line with the approved activity plans and forward to IFRC Finance for processing on a timely basis.
- Follow up/track project working advances and ensure all project costs are incurred per plan.
NS Technical support
- Exchange experiences and skills with ARCS colleagues and establish a mutual transfer of knowledge.
- Assist ARCS team to support ARCS Public Health in Emergency teams.
- Assist ARCS to apply the recommendations of health cluster and relevant technical working groups.
- Assist ARCS to adhere and follow MoPH national standards in provision of health services.
- Assist ARCS in supervision and data collection, follow up and process of financial reports.
- Ensure that all projects/programs implemented have Community Engagement and Accountability and Protection, Gender and Inclusion mainstreamed within the projects/programs.
Coordination and Communication
· Assist in fostering collaboration within ARCS.
· In the absence of senior health team members take part in respective sector and relevant thematic Community Health and First Aid technical networks to share and keep abreast of the latest developments and issues.
Participate and produce meeting briefs/reports for feedback to ARCS and IFRC respective colleagues.
Duties applicable to all staff
- Actively work towards the achievement of the Federation Secretariat’s goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross and Red Crescent principles
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager
- Relevant graduate degree or equivalent work experiences.
- Equivalent training/course on Community based health, hygiene promotion program management; planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting (PMER); training development and facilitation; in development and emergency context.(Preferred)
- Experience in managing Community Based Health program including WASH programming for national and international organizations.
- Coordination, representation.(Preferred)
- Experience working in different areas of the country.(Preferred)
- Experience with international donors funded program. (Preferred)
- Red Cross and Red Crescent knowledge and experience.(Preferred)
- Primary knowledge in Community Health and First Aid program.(Preferred)
- Analytical skills in assessment, data collection and analysis.
- Knowledge in program/project proposal writing.(Preferred)
- Skills in program planning, monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
- Ability to facilitate training.(Preferred)
- Creative communication and participatory learning process.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Good understanding of program budget and financial management.
- Strong interpersonal and cultural sensitivity.
- Self-supporting in computers (Windows, Office).
- Proficiency in English, Dari and Pashto languages.
Core Competencies: Communication, Collaboration & Teamwork, Judgement & Decision Making, National Society & Customer Relations, Creativity & Innovation, Building Trust.
Values: Respect for Diversity, Integrity, professionalism, Accountability.
Functional competencies: Strategic Orientation, Building Alliances, Leadership, Empowering Others.