|Date Posted:||Jan 6, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jan 16, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR), Departments of Refugees and Repatriation (DoRR) and Women for Afghan Women (WAW) offices are jointly engaged in different protection related activities addressing concerns, risks and needs affecting different groups especially displaced civilians, refugees’ returnees and host communities. Considering the above and the cultural context, having access to displaced and returnee women and girls must be in a way that respects cultural values and protection principles as confidentiality and meanwhile enable the rights holders to share their concerns openly and in a comfortable manner. In order to address this gap, it is necessary to take into count the important function and role of female staff in all the organizations including DoRR which significantly lacks female workforce in all the provinces.
In light of the above reality, the Assistant Community Workers (ACW) are hired under WAW contractual status and will be based in each provincial DoRR in order discharged the following duties and responsibilities outlined in this ToR. The functions are mainly focused on support of PSN activities, IDP assessment, community mobilization and other field activities at community level as well as involving individual female cases.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ACW will participate to joint IDP assessment and monitoring of internally displaced persons and support female PoCs facing constraints in accessing services either through direct intervention or referrals.
- Support the community leadership structures through participating in community mobilization activities run by UNHCR and take part in FGDs, interviews and other relevant activities.
- Participate to the assessment of PSN cases, payments for identified PSN and subsequent monitoring;
- Closely follow up the petitions of IDP/ Returnee women and girls lodged at DoRRs and ensure their access to humanitarian assistance;
- Provide counselling to SGBV cases and ensure timely referrals to service providers;
- Provide counselling to female beneficiaries and follow up HLP cases while ensuring confidentiality and respect for core humanitarian principles, including the principle of do no harm;
- Attend the Gender meeting and other related activities;
- Advocate on the needs of women in livelihood opportunities and ensure their inclusion in community mobilization activities implemented by UNHCR;
- Perform any other tasks as required;
Minimum of 1 years of work experience in Community empowerment, outreach or monitoring;
Previous experience in protection programs and/or participatory assessment programs for internally displaced persons and refugee returnees is a strong asset;
Minimum High School graduate
Bachelor Degree (Advantage)
Capacity to travel different areas of the Province with different teams
Experience in the usage of Office package (MS Word, Excel, etc)
Good oral presentation and writing skills
Experience working with related areas (Advantage)
Desirable knowledge of core elements of protection, GBV, child protection, legal aid
The Assistant Community Worker will submit monthly updated report to DoRR and WAW with copy to UNHCR.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badakhshan
Interested Afghan applicants should submit their CVs along with cover letter indicating their interest.
suitability for the position. Please indicate the vacancy number (VA# 927 Assistant community Worker) clearly in the cover
letter also in the subject line and send to:
Email Add:- email@example.com