|Date Posted:||Aug 5, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 11, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
The future Afghanistan High Security Printing Company, under the framework of the Ministry of Finance of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, will be the sole entity for printing government institutions’ secure print products. With modernization of technology in printing industry and enhancement of standard requirements in print products, it calls for adjustment of technology and human resources capacities in government printing elements. Thus, the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, jointly with financial and technological support of the Federal Government of Germany, is working on the establishment of a new department under the umbrella of the existing state printing facility, Sukuk Printing Press and Mint. The purpose of establishment of such structure is to strive for production of secure print products that match with international standards. The envisioned department will run with qualified personnel who would be operating on highly sophisticated hardware that will produce products matching the regional and international quality standards.
The assistant lab manager supports his/her department head in day-to-day of quality control related activities. He/she collects samples and conducts inspections test on the inbound procured material and with the help of lab equipment checks the quality and specification against the previously given criteria. He/she also inspects the printing quality of all the products at every stage of production to make sure the products are of the desired quality. He/she also provides regular reports to the relevant departments.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Understand all aspects of the print process including consumables and equipment to identify quality issues; contribute to an identification of problem sources and their solution;
· Be aware of international test norms, regularly update his knowledge base, and implement practical test methods as feasible;
· Keep records of quality issues and share them with managers for productions, purchasing and marketing;
· Performs quality inspection with purchasing unit on incoming goods (consumables such as ink, paper and other chemical agents)
· Closely observe production processes and print output to make decisions in case of irregular test results;
· Properly use and maintain the lab equipment and act according to the given SoPs.
· Adhere to safety and security procedures as described in standard operating procedures and ensure that they are followed by laboratory assistant
· Follow-up on accidents and provide instructions.
· Any other task assigned by the supervisor.
University degree in chemical engineering, biochemistry or pharmacy (medicine productions branch only); relevant diploma courses
· Preferably, at least one year of relevant professional experience in Afghanistan or abroad
· Fluent in either of national languages, and excellent English skills as required to keep up with the literature, and to act on instructions in manuals and handbooks;
· Basic knowledge of security ink and paper and their chemical properties; all chemical agents and their reactions; maintenance and storage problems associated with inventory;
· Excellent communication skills both in written and verbal correspondence;
· Ability to understand info-graphic data and equipment manuals;
· Analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills;
· Good computer skills as required for book-keeping, recording, and database maintenance related to testing and quality experience;