|Date Posted:||Oct 18, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Oct 29, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Education/ Training,Teaching|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About Kardan University:
Established in 2002, Kardan University is the first and largest privately-owned University in Afghanistan. Kardan is devoted to excellence in teaching, learning, and research, and to developing leaders in numerous professional disciplines. Kardan currently offers quality and international standard educational opportunities to over 8,000 students in the field of business, law, IT and Civil Engineering at its campuses. In 2013, Kardan University has been awarded with the prestigious ‘Top Performer Award’ by the Ministry of Higher Education, Government of Afghanistan - a testimony to its first-class stature. To reaffirm this, Kardan University was granted the University status by the Ministry of Higher Education. Kardan is the only University not only in Afghanistan but also in the region to get candidacy status from the IACBE, USA, an established and well reputed international accreditation body. Kardan University believes in the sense of commitment for excellence and quality and is committed to serve as a key player in the development and enhancement of education in the Afghanistan through its innovative curricular programs.
Are you a passionate, energetic and results-oriented individual with strong communication skills and solid knowledge? If yes, this opportunity is for you. Kardan University is seeking experienced and motivated Assistant Professor/lecturer to join our team of academicians and researchers.
Reporting to the Academic Administrator, the Assistant professor/lecturers will be responsible for teaching and assessing students periodically through a set of evaluation mechanisms. He/ She will also be responsible to review and revise the curriculum with the academic committee of the university.
Lecturer/Assistant Professor of Economics is responsible for teaching microeconomics, macroeconomics, development economics and international economics.
Competitive salary and benefits package will be offered to the selected candidate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate student learning, provide effective instruction, and perform evaluations of student learning for all assigned classes
- Build up professional logistics which helps in improvising the performances of the student.
- Develop course handouts, lectures, labs, and presentations.
- Participate in program level learning assessment
- Participate in developing learning outcomes, choosing and administering measures, evaluating student performance, and suggesting changes to improve student learning.
- Work with other faculty and administrators in developing program curriculum, standards, and policies, including reviewing and participating in textbook selection process where appropriate.
- Guide, direct and mentor research scholars in their research projects.
- Assess, supervise and mentor the academic progress of students.
- Create, innovate and implement some activities and programs that help in career-enhancement.
- Take part in all activities of the department, faculty and the University.
- Support and serve up for various functional activities conducted by departmental committees.
- Review, assess and evaluate the activities and progress of students.
- Lend a hand, support and aid the Academic Administrator and Dean in their everyday functions and tasks.
- Publish their research works or findings in academic books or journals.
- Grade papers and tests; prepare exercises, lessons and lab experiments for the students.
- Teach graduate as well as the undergraduate students within their field of expertise.
- Submit the sessional and final results of the students within a week after the midterm/ terminal examination.
- Take 8 classes of 180 minutes each per week or a total of 24 contact hours per week.
- Assist the examination department and make presence in the examination hall during examinations and in the conduction of the entry test.
- Perform any other relevant task given by the management of Kardan University.
- At least Master’s Degree in Economics
- Minimum of 3 years of professional university-level teaching experience.
- Strong organizational, management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English Language.