|Date Posted:||Mar 30, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Apr 14, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Under the supervision of Country Director the incumbent will perform the following duties, but not limited to that.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for day-to-day administration of the Office of the Country Director, including order and dispense of supplies and manage office space.
2. On behalf of, or in the absence of, the CD, serves as liaison with all internal and external contacts.
3. Prepares agendas, correspondence, and memoranda; reviews, routes, and answers mail, composing responses for the CD, as appropriate; prepares other written material.
4. Assists with planning and management of special internal and external functions and events for the CD.
5. Maintains master planner of events and daily log of activities for the CD; arranges meetings, appointments, travel schedules, answer phones, directs visitors and details related to special events.
6. Gathers, assembles, and analyzes information and data from a wide variety of sources in response to the initiatives of the CD. Prepares related reports to ensure that information is timely and accurate.
7. Screening of all incoming communications, filter and assign priorities for correspondence for signature, clearance and further action by other staff;
8. Draft routine correspondence, interoffice reports, documents, meeting agendas and minutes of meetings when requested, translations when required;
9. Maintenance of the electronic and hard copy filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials.
10. Arrange for all matters relating to travel of the CD
11. Coordination of the information flow in the office to ensure dissemination of organization and interoffice communication to staff as required.
12. Follow up on deadlines, commitments made, actions taken and coordination of collection and submission of the reports
13. Performs other related duties as may be assigned.
1. Educational background (bachelor degree) in Business Administration; and/or other related fields, or minimum 3 (three) years of a successful work experience record in the subject area(s)
2. Demonstrated working knowledge of business administration.
3. Ability to identify, collect, translates and analyzes information related to his/her field of professional expertise; prepare concise reports on subject matters.
4. Demonstrated self-motivational and result-oriented nature; good planning and problem analyzing/solving skills.
5. Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team environment, while functioning as an individual contributor.
6. Proficiency with common used Microsoft Office within emphases with Word, Excel, Power point and Access.
7. Proficiency in Dari/Pashtu communication (verbal and written); excellent knowledge of verbal and written English;
1. Sound analytical skills
2. Self-motivated, self-starter, results oriented and attention to detalils
3. Ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines at the same time
4. Strong commitment to client satisfaction and good interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to work long hours when required
6. Ability to work independently and as an effective team member