|Date Posted:||May 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 30, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About FHI360/ NHTAP Project:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology– creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Contracts Director for an anticipated multiyear USAID National Health Technical Assistance Program in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved utilization of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services across Afghanistan. The program will enhance the Afghan Ministry of Public Health’s capacity to support the health systems and policies required to provide high-quality services across Afghanistan and ultimately improve health outcomes among Afghans nationally.
The Finance and Contracts Director will manage the financial and contractual components of the Project and ensure adherence to global standard of excellence in health service delivery programming and donor-specified compliance. The position will be based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to finance and contracts aspects of the project, including general financial management and processes, subaward financial management, and accounting;
- Establish and maintain sound and transparent accounting and fiscal control procedures for financial, subaward and operations aspects of project;
- Ensure compliance of financial systems with FHI 360 policies and procedures, USAID rules and regulations, award requirements, and Government of Afghanistan laws;
- Develop, analyze and monitor program budgets; monitor and track obligations and expenditures against budgets;
- Establish (in collaboration with the Operations Director) and manage project procurement processes;
- Advise senior leadership regularly on financial and agreement-related matters;
- Provide technical assistance, as needed, to local partners on financial compliance and reporting;
- Prepare and submit annual and quarterly financial and accrual reports to USAID;
- Contribute to the development of high-quality work plans, financial reports, and any other reports required by USAID;
- Liaise with internal and external auditors in the review of project financial management; and
- Supervise other project-based finance, procurement, and contract & grants staff.
- Master's Degree or higher in accounting, finance, business administration or related field is required.
- Ten or more years of relevant experience in financial and contract management and administration, including overseeing the finance and operations of equally large and complex projects.
- Five or more years’ experience working in a developing, complex environment; Afghanistan experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with USG rules and regulations for grants and contracts is required; USAID award financial and contracts management experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in generally-accepted accounting, budgeting and fiscal control principles;
- Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets of $100 million dollars or larger.
- Relevant skills in automated accounting software systems and database spreadsheets.
- Experience building capacity in financial and contract management of community-based organizations and implementing partners.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations and international donor agencies.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of financial management expertise.
- Strong interpersonal, writing and oral presentation skills in English.
- Ability to work independently and manage a high volume work flow.
- Relevant computer software skills and familiarity with accounting software (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Fluency in Dari and Pashto and excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.