|Date Posted:||May 12, 2022|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2022|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||12 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
NETLINKS Ltd is one of the largest and fastest-growing ICT solution provider companies in Afghanistan with its focus on Software Development, Web Development and Designing and Full Spectrum Web and Email Hosting Services. NETLINKS has been operating in Afghanistan since 2005 and has grown several-fold ever since, as one of the biggest ICT firms in the country, NETLINKS currently employs more than 300 national and international staff members including a highly capable and qualified management team. With its corporate offices in capital Kabul, NETLINKS also has an office in India (Ahmedabad), As a 100% Afghan-owned and operated firm NETLINKS Ltd is a registered and licensed company with the Afghan government under AISA license number D-21519. Being partner with several world-renowned ICT companies and brands NETLINKS Ltd is an exclusive partner of OpenERP Belgium in Afghanistan, a Platinum member of Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries, and a founding member of the National ICT Alliance of Afghanistan (NICTAA).
NETLINKS is looking for a talented Associate System Administrator. He/she is responsible for providing Linux, AWS virtualization support for on-premises, field support for physical servers and cloud technology business.
The System Administrator Associate is responsible for managing large IT environment consisting of Severs (Physical and VMs), Network devices, Software, backup/storage system, and request for support from vendor and providing support to clients.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the direct supervision of IT Manager, the Associate System Administrator needs to conceptualize, coordinate, communicate, and develop definition of the relevant technical needs; technical research, analysis and design of relevant systems and infrastructure
- Use skills and experience to identify and resolve a wide range of issues in practical and imaginative ways
- Hands on experienced in Veritas and Oracle products such as Oracle SPARC Servers, ZFS Storage appliance, Oracle MOS and Veritas NetBackup appliance/products
- Initial hardware troubleshooting and escalating major hardware issue to respective vendors.
- Extensive knowledge to manage, maintain and administrator machines hosted in VMware and Oracle platforms
- Visit the client’s side on and/or off-site installation, configuration, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of the relevant physical and logical program infrastructure and systems as/when needed
- Apply OS and hypervisors patches update or upgrades if require on a regular basis
- Maintain and Support all OS Platforms including docker and Kubernetes environment
- Working in AWS platform to keep the virtualized systems up and running
- He/she will be technical focal point for various project and will participate in client/Vendor meetings to know their requirements and provide valuable technical suggestions for improvement and successful implementation of projects.
- Perform any other relevant tasks and responsibilities especially any Tier-III level technical support and assistance assigned by the supervisor and/or the IT Manager within the scope and context of the program and this position.
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience in Open Source and Cloud computing technology
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science
- RHCSA/RHCE, AWS and A+ certified are preferred.
- Excellent Oral and written communication skills
- Ability to recommend, plan and implement server infrastructure solutions
- Having strong knowledge and experience on AWS.
- Having strong knowledge and experience on Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience of current and emerging virtualization, infrastructure, cloud and container technologies such as AWS, Docker, Kubernetes/ECS.
- Required to be available in case of service loss and/or in needs situation