|Date Posted:||Nov 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 10, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||8 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Urban Health Initiative (UHI) - USAID:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Associate Technical Director (UHI project)
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position Associate Technical Director for an anticipated multiyear USAID Urban Health Initiative (UHI) in Afghanistan. The activity aims to improve health outcomes through improved availability and quality of high-impact, sustainable, accessible, and quality health and nutrition services within urban settings of Afghanistan. The project also will work with the Ministry of Public Health, the private sector, and nascent professional accreditation bodies to improve governance and quality assurance of FP/MNCH, TB, and nutrition services in urban areas.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
Job summary / Responsibilities:
The Associate Technical Director will be an FHI 360 employee working in and placed at the UHI office in Kabul. Under the guidance of the Technical Director (UHI Project), the Associate Technical Director will lead and manage coordination, mentorship, and implementation of health program quality improvement, quality assurance activities, health facility-based training and technical assistance across all activities in the project and provide focused technical assistance to the partners.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Managing all health facility-based activities, quality assurance, capacity building, activities in close coordination with the Technical Director.
· Supporting the development and advancement of activities and systems framework to support provision of high-quality urban health facilities.
· Sharing best practices and knowledge related to improving urban health
· Develop, implement, and monitor approaches to improve the quality of services provided in urban health facilities expanding the evidence based and knowledge
· Coordinate with efforts to improve g urban health governance
· Participating in policy and strategy for urban health care through collaboration with relevant departments and personnel and through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
· Providing technical contributions and oversight to the development and review of Urban Health Facility Service QI strategies, tools and technical resource materials (e.g., training materials, operations and mentorship plans, strategic documents, job aids) in collaboration with key stakeholders to support meeting UHI project objectives.
· Working with professional organizations and other partners to support training and mentorship activities anticipated by the project.
· Supervising capacity-building of partners engaged in training, mentorship, and supportive supervision.
· Working other clinical teams of the UHI project to ensure proper dissemination of high-impact care interventions and technical assistance approaches through the available and new platforms.
· Implementing technical or managerial task assigned by the Technical Director.
· Willingness to travel to regional urban capitals for technical assistance provision and quality assurance
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· Master’s or doctoral degree in public health, health policy, or a related field; a medical doctor is preferred.
· 8 - 10 years of experience in relevant field.
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a supervisory or management position.
· Experience in designing and implementing in health projects that include strong quality assurance or quality improvement, clinical training components; experience in urban health programming components is required.
· Experience in providing technical assistance to project/government staff working on primary health care projects desired.
· Demonstrated proficiency with using Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Able to analyze and interpret data, identify errors, and prepare reports.
- Able to problem solve and develop and implement corrective action as needed.
- Familiarity with implementation science and application of program evidence to providing guided technical assistance and mentorship.
- Familiarity with research and appropriate methodologies for health program evaluation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Dari, and Pashto.
- Qualified female candidates particularly encouraged to apply.