|Date Posted:||Mar 26, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Apr 30, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Pay-Agent Modality-NTA base|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Palxa MCS:
PALXA Management Consultancy Services (MCS) is a business consulting company registered in Afghanistan that focus on empowering unique business solutions for growing and emerging market sectors. PALXA MCS is swiftly expanding its network to achieve its wider goals and objectives through serving its clients. PALXA MCS delivers a varied range of services for its Afghan and international clients including strategic partnership development, proposal writing, supply chain management, financial management, human resources consulting, process automation, engineering services including architectural and building/landscape consulting, Information technology, business process and most importantly business support.
The Audit & Finance Manager will be responsible to assist the audit director and line manager and to collect data from the government and companies and analyze the data as per the international standards. His/her duties include, but not limited to, the following;
Solid background and knowledge of institutional financial management processes and procedures, organisational and problem solving skills, knowledge of auditing procedures including auditing standard and principles.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze financial data of the companies and government offices, and assist them in specialized accounting and bookkeeping functions in assembling, tabulating, calculating, verifying and reconciling fiscally related information.
- Analyze and assess financial & accounting systems of relevant entities and advise the management with recommendations to improve the accounting systems and financial models within these entities.
- Participate in regular audits and assist relevant auditors in validation of financial data within the above stated entities and provide assurance on reliability of the financials and bookkeeping systems within these entities.
- Advise the senior management team of the relevant entities on financial planning (e.g. acquisitions, mergers and loans) procedures.
- Assist directors/managers in matching and evaluation of payment made to government and revenues received by the government in the fiscal years.
- Ensure financial and accounting reports are prepared in accordance to expectations of the company or requirements of the client.
- Review leases and financial agreements and account balances between the government and private sector companies to inform the validators about validity of the data provided by the parties.
- Work with the relevant entities in preparing / revising templates, formats and checklists to ensure compliance with relevant procedures.
- Ensure that government’s internal financial controls and policies are functional and adequate, and that they comply with regulatory rules and procedures and meet donor’s expectations.
- Perform any other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisors or managers.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master Degree in Finance / Accounting or relevant equivalent certification from reputed international institutions – ACCA, CPA. Not ongoing studies.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in audit or accounts.
- At least 3 years of experience as financial / accounting specialist position or above (senior specialist or managerial level).
- Able to communicate formally and efficiently in English, Dari and Pashtu languages.
- Good computer literature – knowledge of QuickBooks and accounting software / systems.