|Date Posted:||Jul 28, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 8, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||5|
|Functional Area:||Audit Specialist|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||7 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Ministry of Finance:
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) has received
financing from the World Bank towards cost of FISCAL PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT SUPPORT PROJECT (FSP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. The services include Institutional development, through technical support, capacity building, and guidance to Internal Audit Department of Ministry of Finance (MOF) and other Line Ministries.
Hence Ministry of Finance now hires eligible individual consultants having relevant experience in the related areas. Interested individual consultants must provide information indicating that he/she is qualified to perform the services.
Internal Audit Department (IAD) is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve Ministry of Finance (MoF) operations. It helps the ministry to accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. To discharge its roles effectively, the department has set its mission, vision and objectives.
In addition to MoF departments and offices, the IAD is also empowered to carry out internal audit of donor funded projects executed by the government agencies. Moreover having Memorandum of Understanding signed between MoF and other line ministries in strengthening their Internal Audit functions by the IAD, MoF, therefore, to carry out internal audit of government agencies including donor funded projects and capacity development of staffs of the department, it requires the services of qualified auditors.
The basic objective of the assignment is to strengthen and build the internal audit function of MoF and line ministries as per the best practices and standards of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) through capacity and institutional development.
Moreover, to carry out & lead the internal audit of relevant ministries and of donor funded projects run by government agencies. Supporting to IAD/MoF audit staffs for capacity development programme is also a part of the assignment.
Requires travel to provinces:
Fluency in Dari, Pashto & English (reading, writing, and speaking) is must.
· Proven inter-personal skills;
· High integrity and accountability, leadership and good team work spirit.
· Good computer operating skills (Ms. Office & internet)
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. As a team leader of an audit team, prepares audit plans/programs, and providing in-house and on job training to civil servants,
2. Assesses the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and risk management frame work,
3. Provides technical assistance & support in building the Internal audit function per the IIA standards,
4. Documents findings and communicates orally and/or in writing to the concerned Director and Director General on their compliance, performance and potential for improvement,
5. Recommends actions to address shortcomings identified, strengthen internal controls and improve operating processes,
6. Provide technical assistance & support in preparing internal audit reports,
7. Mobilizes audit teams; ensuring that internal audit is being carried out as per Internal Audit Standards and Internal Audit Guide for Donor funded Projects adopted by the Department,
8. Carry out follow up audits as required,
9. Provides appropriate supervision all the time to the team members,
10. Reviews working papers prepared by team members & provide expert guidance,
11. Reviews drafts of audit reports prepared by audit teams & provide expert guidance,
12. Finalize audit reports and submit to the Director General Internal Audit Department,
13. Monitors the implementation of agreed recommendations and advises on problem areas.
14. Contributes to the ongoing development of professional practices within Department.
15. Participates in the implementation of learning and training development plan.
16. Conducts capacity building program for the IAD staff of Line Ministries.
17. Performs other assignments or tasks as determined by the Director General IAD & Project Director.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Education and Professional Qualification:
· Professional certification as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent designation desirable.
· Additional professional certifications (CISA, CFE) are an advantage.
· Academic Qualification should at least be GRADUATION (relevant field preferred).
· Master’s degree in relevant field is preferred.
Having at least Master’s degree or its equivalent degree with 5 years of working experience or having bachelor’s degree with 7 years of professional experience in audit or another directly relevant area, several of which in internal audit;
Good understanding and previous work experience in International Financial Reporting Standards, and Afghanistan Financial Management System, Procurement Management.