|Date Posted:||Apr 19, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 25, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAFG|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||4 months|
About Ministry of Communication and Information Technology:
The incumbent of this post will ensure timely backups are generated and will be responsible for OS backups, data restore and recovery as well as troubleshooting if any.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Prepare work plan of the Department in accordance with work plan and strategic goals of the agency and ensure its effective and timely implementation.
2. Responsible for Backups of OS (SUN Solaris, LINUX, Windows), Oracle Databases, applications and file systems
3. Responsible for writing RMAN scripts for Oracle DB backups and recovery
4. Responsible for fine tuning backup scripts for optimal performance
5. Responsible for data restore and recovery
6. Responsible for administration, configuration, maintenance, troubleshooting and installation of
SUN SL500 Tape library and SUN SL24 Tape Library using Symantec Net backup.
7. Regular reporting on the performance and tasks carried out to relevant authority.
8. Any other duties as required by higher authorities in accordance with laws, regulations and objectives of the Commission
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
o Must meet requirements for implementation of this Job Description according to article 7 of Civil Servants Law
o Bachelor degree in relevant field with at least 5 years’ relevant work experience.
o Minimum OCP Certify
o Certifications in backup technologies
o Good communication skills (Oral & Written)
o Strong communication and reporting skills