|Date Posted:||Apr 25, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 20, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Survey and Designing of Water Source|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 Years|
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The overall goal of the Strengthening Raising of domestic Animals and livelihoods Welfare (STRAW) project is to improve the animal health and livestock-related livelihoods and productivity for 4,000 livestock owners. The goal will be achieved by improving the quality of veterinary care, improving awareness among communities about importance of animal health and availability of the animal health services, and strengthening livestock owners’ livelihoods in the targeted districts.
Livelihood strengthening activities for 4,000 men and women will increase household purchasing power and reduce vulnerability to food insecurity. The targeted livestock owners will have greater capacity to care for their animals through increased household income and access to animal health services via VFUs. Livelihood activities for women will increase recognition of their role in livestock livelihoods and contribute to their economic and social empowerment. When women are seen to contribute to household income, they are more respected by other family and community members. As a result, they have greater influence in family and community decisions and over their lives.
The Strengthening the livelihoods and livestock care of vulnerable households will provide facilities to the independent evaluator to do desk researches, plan field visits of 4 districts and provide a comprehensive baseline report to Afghanaid which indicate bench marks of the project.
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Developing baseline plan and mechanism to set bench marks for achieving below outcomes:
o Improved quality of and access to animal health and welfare services in the four targeted districts
o Livestock owners have improved livelihoods and access to markets
- Setting appropriate methods for data collection
- Carrying out interviews, both individually and within the focus groups, and also recording the results
- Preparing inception report as a presentation to the project team
- Provide final baseline report
The payment will be done once the assignment is satisfactory complete and the service is delivered.
Commissioning Manager / Reporting Line
The consultant will be closely working with, Project Manager and M&E Manager of Afghanaid and report to:
Strengthening Raising of domestic Animals and livelihoods Welfare (STRAW) - Project Manager
Job Location:Afghanistan, Daykundi
- Highly developed analytical experience and skills of conducting baseline
- Previous evaluations experience for international NGO’s
- Good knowledge and experience of subject
- Familiarity with institutional donors requirements international and national laws and guidelines to be considered in baseline designing
- Ability to complete deliverables with the due time
- Superb communication skills along with the ability to give oral and written reports.
- Familiarity with the relevant data collection technology and techniques.
- Ability to interpret and analyse the collected data.
- Superb negotiation and interpersonal skills and the knowledge of interviewing techniques are necessary traits.