|Date Posted:||Apr 23, 2017|
|Closing Date:||Apr 27, 2017|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyNone|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghanistan International Bank:
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within 15 years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country. AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
Responsible for managing the related Branch in order to meet the financial services needs of customers in the assigned community market area; implementing strategies to achieve goals developed for the office as part of the Bank’s overall strategic plan; ensuring the organization's compliance with operating policies and procedures and outside regulatory requirements; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate management and staff personnel; providing periodic reports.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Manages the Branch in order to meet the financial services needs of customers in the assigned community market area as follows:
a. Works with retail management in establishing growth, sales, and profit objectives for the bank; provides input to these objectives and to the manner in which performance will be measured and controlled.
b. Ensures that the branch is properly staffed and staffs are trained to meet customer service needs as well as sales objectives.
c. Makes certain that all branch operations are performed in accordance with established Bank policies and procedures, either directly or through appropriate supervisor, e.g., balancing, control of vault cash, etc.; makes recommendations for changes/improvements as appropriate.
d. Monitors overdrawn checking accounts and delinquencies.
e. Communicates with HO office departments to assist in answering questions and resolving issues.
f. Makes certain that all customer service personnel are adequately trained both with respect to product knowledge and selling techniques.
g. Ensures that all sales and customer service reporting information is provided on a timely basis.
h. Conducts regularly scheduled (at least twice a month) sales and customer service meetings; actively encourages staff to build customer relationships.
i. Responsible for expanding the lending & deposit portfolio of the branch with quality new businesses.
j. Manages and supervises recording of static data and customer data.
k. Manages and supervises the purchasing of various supplies.
2. Implements strategies to achieve goals assigned to the office as established in the Bank’s overall strategic plan; assists in the development of the annual budget for the branch and adheres to budget parameters.
3. Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
4. Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements; ensures that the office and all personnel adhere to the same.
5. Directly supervises assigned personnel as follows:
a. Assists in the selection of new personnel as appropriate.
b. Makes provisions for the proper orientation and training of new personnel.
c. Reviews employee performance throughout the probationary period and on an annual basis thereafter.
d. Organizes, schedules, and distributes work among assigned personnel and ensures proper branch staff levels to meet customer needs.
e. Keeps personnel informed of pertinent policies and procedures affecting the bank and/or their jobs; creates an atmosphere in which upward communication from employees is encouraged.
g. Administers personnel policies and procedures as established by Bank policy.
6. Provides periodic reports to the Retail Banking and other groups as required throughout the Bank.
7. Actively participates in community organizations and activities in a manner which reflects favorably on the Bank.
8. Will be assigned other duties and responsibilities as may be required to meet the goals and objectives of the bank
Education: University degree
Specialized knowledge: Branch Banking
Skills: Customer service management, Effective communication
Abilities: Fluent in English, Dari and Pushto
Professional Certification: Preferred banking leadership
Experience: 3 years in Branch banking