|Date Posted:||Dec 3, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 17, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 6 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan.
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees, FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches. The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about to 180,000 (men and women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
The incumbent of the position is responsible for all the activities of the branch. S/he supervises the work of the branch employees; and manages a well thought-out commercial development of the branch.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Ability to manage staff in a challenging commercial environment, a good command of written and spoken English, good computer literacy, a good understanding of the concept, theory and practice of Microfinance Banking.
- Social concern; committed; believing in, and committed to staff capacity building; respectful to customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages, monitors and supervises the branch operations (loan portfolio, savings mobilisation etc.); and Manages branch liquidities.
- Manages and supervises the work of branch staff; and is in-charge of branch administration.
- Assist staff in setting commercial objectives; and persuades staff to achieve them and constantly monitors staff efforts to ensure their achievement.
- Manages the logistical aspects (stock of documents, stationeries, vehicles,…) in coordination with the Logistics and Procurement sections.
- Implements the business plan/financial projections at branch level; and authorises expenses in line with the budget.
- Follow up of important customers as well as delinquent customers; and chairs the Branch Loan Committee.
- Developing staff capacity through ongoing need-assessment and support to maintain efficiency and effectiveness of resources.
- Responsible for staff attitude and ensuring a respectful, professional and banking values driven behaviour against customers.
- Liable for all branch fixed assets in terms of in placing their adequate and update inventory, being utilized properly and making sure that they are in good and functioning order.
- Any other identical task assigned by the respective supervisor/s.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Jawzjan
- Academic background in economics or sciences.
- At least 6 years’ experience in banking or Microfinance, where at least 3 years of it is serving a managerial role.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line and for more information please kindly visit the FMFB Web site : FMFB.com.af/careers.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.