|Date Posted:||May 9, 2010|
|Closing Date:||May 24, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
BSS Planning of Etisalat network
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Design and delivery of BSC capacity in order to support new Site/cell build, transceiver numbers and voice/data traffic.
2. Produce long-term BSC plans and forecasts which will include requirements for new platforms and hardware, transmission requirements to remote sites, BSC traffic and utilization's and Core Network traffic impacts.
Design and manage all related boundary and area plans to include BSC/TC areas, location areas and routing areas.
3. Ensure our customers experience good quality service which will include regular utilization monitoring and immediate action on any problems. Awareness of network issues and their impact on the BSS, awareness of events that might influence traffic patterns and profiles.
4. Drive down network costs by increasing utilization and using resources efficiently.
Issue re-parenting plans to maintain or improve the quality of service and optimize utilization of network resources.
5. Produce regular reports on traffic and dimensioning issues, as directed by line management.
6. Keep abreast of new technology, hardware and analysis techniques
Requires Bachelor Degree in Telecommunications, Electronic Engineering or other related scientific or technical discipline
A minimum of 3 years experience within a similar BSS Planning role â€“ preferably on 2.5 G network.
â€¢ Strong BSS Planning experience â€“ proven track record within a similar role
â€¢ Experience of traffic analysis and comfortable working with counters and statistical methods.
â€¢ Capable of talking fluently in English.
â€¢ Very Good in Microsoft office and other computers knowledge.