|Date Posted:||Sep 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Sep 18, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 11 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About OXUS Afghanistan:
OXUS Afghanistan began operations in 2005 and currently has a portfolio of around AFN 1000 Million with an outreach of more than 24,000 customers managed through 25 branches in 10 provinces. OXUS Afghanistan is one of the main microfinance providers in the country.
The OXUS Group has been created in 2005 by ACTED, a leading international NGO operating in 35 countries. The OXUS Group provides microfinance services to around 41,914 clients in Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan with a total loan portfolio of US$ 31.9 million and a total workforce of 761 employees.
The Budget & Reporting Manager is responsible for the overall budget & reporting to OXUS Afghanistan management and Donors.
OXUS Afghanistan began operations in 2005 and currently has a portfolio of around AFN. 1,100 million with an outreach of more than 23,000 customers managed through 24 branches in 10 provinces. OXUS Afghanistan is one of the main microfinance providers in the country.
Based in the Kabul, the incumbent will be the Budget and Reporting Manager of the institution and will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Requires travel to provinces:
Advanced computer skills, proposal writing and donor dealing is an assets
Fluency in English with strong written and verbal communication skills;
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Budget & Reporting Manager is in charge of consolidating the following Tasks:
On a Daily Basis (monitor & supervise):
- Monitor PAR and Delinquent Reports to be received from branches and consolidated
- Commitment report to be received from branches and consolidated
- Both report to be sent to all branches (Data Entry Officer) DEO and BM + all operation department + CEO and then stored properly on the server
- Update the daily Delinquency Follow-up Table
- Ensure the proper processing of SME Loans being sent to Head Office
On a Weekly basis (monitor & supervise)
- Weekly Performance Consolidation
- Weekly Productivity Consolidation
- Consolidation to be sent back (cf daily reports) and saved on the server
- Reloan Report
- Update the weekly productivity Follow-up Table of the Operation Room
On a Monthly Basis:
- Financial report to ODN
- Narrative report of ODN
- MPR to MISFA
- SCSA reporting
- Preparation ALCO manatrials
- Maintain data on server
i. EIR Monthey data
iii. Calculation provision using IFRS 9
iv. OLB Réconciliations
v. Help in préparation of FS
Quarterly & Semi – Annually and Annual Task:
- Reporting to AMA
- Preparation of Board Materials
- Preparation Budget in coordination of Management Board using MicroFin, ODN model and excel.
4/ Regulatory Compliance, Financial Reporting, Donor Relations
- Make sure that regulatory and funders reporting is timely and accurate;
- Provide HQ with IFRS compliant accounting data for consolidation purposes;
- Make sure that reports to donors are timely, accurate, and in full compliance with donor stipulations;
- Represent the institution during meetings (with donors, Government, etc.…) in the absence of the CFO.
- Develop relationships with potential donors, development agencies and commercial investors;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- A BBA/B.Com degree in Finance or Economics and minimum 10 years work experience in financial & operational analysis & reporting in microfinance & banking.
- Knowledge of MicroFin and advance knowledge in excel
- Extensive and proven track record in financial institution business planning;
- Ability to work in a challenging environment with poor infrastructure and human capacities and difficult security conditions;
- Highly motivated with a strong interest in development and social issues.