|Date Posted:||Nov 11, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 25, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About American University of Afghanistan:
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the spring 2019 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population
The person recruited for this position will be responsible for overall management and control of university budget. AUAF currently runs a yearly budgeting system with a mid-year revision. For better control of costs and better decision making, the plan is to implement a monthly budgeting system which will be run simultaneously with its current yearly budgeting.
Key outcomes include:
· Budget planning
· Develop monthly budgeting model
· Budget Preparation and approval
· Budget Execution
· Budget Reporting
Requires travel to provinces:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· The applicant must have strong excel capabilities. Familiarly with advance excel functions such as Pivot table, Data validation, Macros, Index & Match, IF scenarios and others are highly desired.
· Must have strong command of English language.
Prior knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics Great Plain will be an asset.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Do an analysis of the entire university budget for last three years and identify the area which needs more attention.
· Identify the issues AUAF faced last year regarding budgeting and develop proper measures for addressing these issues in next year budget.
· Making appropriate budget assumptions for next year’s budget.
· Developing training materials for university budget centers and helping them in their budget preparation.
· Making appropriate budget templates and tracking sheets.
· Re-evaluate the current budgeting process note and bring the required changes.
Develop monthly budgeting model. Budget Preparation and approval:
· Receiving draft budgets from departments and compiling it to one master budget.
· Having one to one meetings with budget centers to better understand their needs.
· Drafting budget narratives for entire university and narratives by departments or budget centers.
· Making budget package to BOT for their approval.
· Attending budget committee meetings for discussing budgeted costs and budgeted revenues.
· Sharing approved budget to budget centers and USAID.
· Once the annual budget is approved by BOT, sharing it with all relevant departments and guiding them on budget implementation.
· Uploading budgets to Microsoft Dynamics GP.
· Tracking budget execution using budget vs actual reports on monthly basis.
· Answering departmental queries on budget, especially budget codes.
· Tracking budget approvals by budget committee.
· Planning budget revision after 6 months of budget execution.
· Sharing budget execution reports to each budget center on monthly basis. This will help the budget centers to understand their level of spending and the remaining budget.
· Sharing budget execution reports to management on monthly and quarterly basis for their decision making.
· Sharing budget execution report to Board of Trustees regularly and for their meetings.
· Taking proper measures to prevent significant budget underspend/overspend by budget centers.
· Along with above responsibilities he/she would be responsible for constant review of standards regarding budgeting and make university’s budget aligned with standards. Also, he/she will make sure AUAF is in compliance with USAID and Government of Afghanistan for budgeting related issues.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul, Kapisa, Parwan, Wardak, Logar, Nangarhar, Laghman, Panjshir, Baghlan, Bamyan, Ghazni, Paktika, Paktya, Khost, Konar, Nooristan, Badakhshan, Takhar, Kunduz, Samangan, Balkh, Sar-e-Pul, Ghor, Daykundi, Urozgan, Zabul, Kandahar, Jawzjan, Faryab, Helmand, Badghis, Herat, Farah, Nimroz
· Minimum Bachelor degree in Accounting and Finance or ACCA part qualified (F1-F9).
· At-least 5 years of experience in the field of finance, 3 years specifically worked in the budgets sections.
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Budgeting Specialist” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before November 25, 2019. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up.