|Date Posted:||Feb 9, 2011|
|Closing Date:||Feb 19, 2011|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||Fresh|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||No|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
The Business Coordinator is responsible for recruiting businesses in Lashkar Gah and working closely with them to identify their need for apprentices and trained students. The role involves working closely with target groups, recruiting business to the programme and monitoring and mentoring those businesses throughout the apprenticeships. The coordinator will record all relevant details for each business and will monitor progress and attainment levels throughout the 6 month period, as well as assisting business with any further needs that are identified.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop a constructive relationship with target groups and businesses throughout Lashkar Gah and the surrounding districts
2. Advertise and be a good ambassador for INVEST to the communities
3. Record all business details and pass to the DM and E department to be entered onto the INVEST database
4. Attend and give presentations to relevant groups to publicise opportunities within the INVEST programme
5. Monitor the progress of businesses, updating the database and being a link person for providing
6. Identify and resolve issues to ensure that INVEST is delivered smoothly and to the satisfaction of the business owner and students
7. Be present at the training days and business fairs
8. Provide follow up services with each business to track their economic status once the formal period of training has been completed.
9. Conduct regular monitoring and generate monitoring report on qualitative and quantitative progress of programme;
10. Visibility and promotion of project achievements through effective media;
11. Prepare field trip and progress reports,
12. Assist with general program operations and field-based activity;
13. Provide written and oral translation and report writing for program staff, as necessary;
14. Promote and adhere to the principles and objectives of Mercy Corps;
15. Adhere to all Mercy Corps administrative procedures and policies;
16. Assist with overall program development and future proposals for program follow-on activity.
17. Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
18. Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work independently and show initiative; experience in business, education or community development; ability to liaise with target groups; ability to make recommendations to his/her manager for improvement; computer and basic administrative and organizational skills; good spoken and written Pashto; willingness to travel throughout the project area, good inter-personal skills, good teamwork.
â€¢ Must be a confident speaker to senior people
â€¢ Must be well organized with data collection and record keeping
â€¢ Prefer someone with experience of the education sector, however full training will be given