|Date Posted:||May 8, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||4 - 6 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||12 months|
About IDS Hamkaar:
IDS-HAMKAAR (IDSH) is a leading provider of Operations and Maintenance, Monitoring & Evaluation, Analysis and Training throughout Afghanistan. IDS combines local, regional, and cultural expertise with international standards these categories to perform at maximum efficiency. We strive to enable governments, the international community, civil society, and private sector to build strategies and decisions that are evidence-based and anchored in a fine balance of local realities and international imperatives.
IDSH is seeking a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (BDM) with a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline with professional writing skills in English and Dari languages and has a background in business development, marketing and technical proposal development as requirement for this position.
Requires travel to provinces:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and analytical skills;
- Able to work successfully under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of Afghanistan Development opportunities.
- Excellent knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office package.
- Excellent knowledge of Team Management and Reporting.
- Technical writing skills Excellent Presentation Skills.
- Excellent reporting and communications skills.
- Fluent in Writing/Reading/Speaking in English Language (TOFEL Certificates are desirable)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The BDM will work under supervision of Chief of Staff and Director of Operations and close relationship with Operations, IDSI HQ, and Program Units.
- BDM will be responsible to:
- Review new RFPs, provide recommendation either to bid or no bid.
- Review Project SoW, Develop Project Activities, Planning & Scheduling, Prepare Weekly and Monthly Project Progress reports with minimum oversight.
- Conduct technical assessment in preparation of new bids response.
- Responsible for the strategic expansion of the company’s business development;
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of project proposals for contracts in Afghanistan;
- Sell company products and capability to different organizations, government offices and donor communities.
- Represent IDSH during business meetings.
- Keep strong relation with multiple clients for future opportunities.
- Draft budgets and technical plans for projects,
- Keep contacts with potential clients and conduct presentations of the company’s capabilities.
- Work in close coordination with Programs/projects heads.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Master’s in Business, Management, Marketing or other relevant field;
- Previous strong experience in technical proposal writing and marketing for Afghan Government, US Government, USAID, or other donors and funding agencies.
- Knowledge in the fields of logistics, international development, and social science research methodology.
- Knowledge of Operation and Maintenance of facilities and equipment.
- Knowledge of M&E will be considered advantage.
- Minimum 4 – 6 years of professional experience, preferably in Afghanistan or with International Organizations in developing countries.