|Date Posted:||Nov 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 14, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration ,Research/Survey,Translation,Communication|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Kakar Advocates LLC:
Kakar Advocates, LLC, is a full-service international commercial law firm based in Kabul, Afghanistan. We are a diverse group of lawyers uniquely positioned to provide a broad range of legal services to international and Afghan business enterprises. Driven by the passion for teamwork, global outlook and local execution, we strive to serve our clients efficiently and effectively to help them achieve their business goals and objectives. Our team combines international experience with local knowledge to provide the highest standard of service to clients. The team includes internationally trained attorneys, Afghan attorneys, tax and corporate consultants, as well as Afghan government relation specialists. The attorneys have worked in large and prominent US law firms, in addition to occupying important positions, among others, as Advisor to the President and Deputy Chief of Staff, Advisor to the Attorney General, Advisor to the Minister of Justice, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of a commercial bank, US Army Judge Advocate, Senior Defense Counsel, scholar at Harvard Law School, and U.S. diplomat in the Middle East.
As a key member of the firm’s senior leadership team, the incumbent will directly support the firm in providing on the ground input in the development and implementation of firm business development plan for its legal practice and consultancies.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Developing a comprehensive understanding of the lawyers and clients in the market to drive strategic priorities;
· Identifying services that would appeal to new clients;
· Cultivating positive interactions and relationships with business development team, other team leaders and managers, and executives to evaluate business strategy and results;
· Work with team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives;
· Attending conferences and professional association meetings and networking events to promote Kakar Advocates;
· Following up with potential clients on business opportunities that Kakar Advocates has participated in for example the status of submitted EoI’s and proposals;
· Organizing and supporting key profile-building events and initiatives that elevate the firm’s brand in the market;
· Facilitating client engagement and entertainment;
· Providing hands-on support in developing, executing and managing client development initiatives;
· Coordinating and delivering BD training for lawyers;
· Developing the strategy and participating in seminars and conferences;
· Overseeing the creation of all branding material;
Putting together the bimonthly publication, Legal Highlights.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, or a relevant field is a must.
- Preference will be given to those with a Master’s Degree
- Knowledge of core business development and sales principals in professional services environment or similar including client targeting and client relationship management.
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with people at all organizational levels of the firm.
- Ability to work in a team environment with a customer service focus.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent leadership skills (i.e., planning, problem-solving and decision-making) necessary for effective management.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion when handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Organizational skills to manage time well, prioritize effectively, and handle multiple deadlines.
- Proficiency in PC applications, specifically PowerPoint, Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong English speaking and writing skills are required.