|Date Posted:||May 5, 2019|
|Reference:||Vacancy # 19-05|
|Closing Date:||Jun 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Private Sector Dev,Economic Growth,Services|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 - 10 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan:
Background of Companies:
Geo Chem Middle East:
GEO-CHEM Middle East is a multinational testing and inspecting company, which is operating in 37 countries of the world. GEO-CHEM Middle East started its operation in Afghanistan for testing imported petroleum products; main office is in Kabul and 7 site offices in provinces.
Afghan Capital Railway Corporation:
Afghan Capital Railway Corporation (ACRC) is the sole and leading Afghan railway company providing a wide range of services from survey and design to construction and operation of railroads. Though the company has newly been established in Afghanistan, but it is technically connected to internationally recognized railway companies in the region and globally who possess decades of valuable experience and expertise in the field. ACRC is not only ready to undertake a variety of study, survey, design, construction, quality assurance, operation and maintenance work in the railway network of Afghanistan, but also to invest in production of sleepers, quality control and railway infrastructures in the country.
General Objectives: Responsible for professional works with low to moderate and high income generation, attract and satisfy customers needs through business technical assistance and counseling. Provides assistance on business plans, marketing plans and business development strategies, contract management and developing business policies and procedures.
Provinces to travel:
- Experience working with project counterparts and key stakeholders, particularly senior officials in government, the private sector, and civil society;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in diverse teams and manage high-volume work flow.
- Prior experience in working in Afghanistan and/or knowledge of the Afghan Business sector.
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to plan, organize, and manage resources for successful development of business plan.
- Fluent in Dari and Pashto. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific Objectives and Duties: The Business Development Officer will perform the following functions:
- Seek new opportunities/projects in ARDS and other relevant websites for the expansion of the business and confer with the relevant department and board of management;
- Close coordination with Afghanistan National Standard Authority ANSA;
- Initiating Network with Afghanistan Railway Authority ARA, and commencing contacts and business relationship with International Railway Industry and corporations globally;
- Prepare effective and efficient project proposals in response to the RFPs, RFAs and Expression of Interests;
- Conduct the pre-feasibility Study and prepare a feasibility study note (or when needed, through third party service providers);
- Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements for the business development purposes;
- Conduct risk assessment and need assessment for any new or current projects;
- Ensure that procurement and supply chain procedures are well implemented during national and international acquisition practices;
- Deal with all contract management issues;
- Draft/develop efficient and comprehensive contracts according to requirements of project;
- Conduct and process pre-planned closedown practices for ended project/business in a streamlined manner and obtain the hand-over certification from the clients accordingly;
- Liaise with governmental, embassies, donors, stakeholders and INGOs in regards to technical and projects issues;
- Represent Business Entities, nationally and internationally for meetings, seminars, and business related gatherings to expand the business and utilize the opportunities;
- Assists HR, Procurement and Finance departments when needed for smooth running of operations;
- Act as focal point for any national or international projects;
- Supervise and support the team in collection of efficient information, preparing proposal and implement the project within deadline or before;
- To undertake any other responsibilities assigned by supervisor;
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- Advanced (Bachelors or higher) degree in Business Administration, International development, or a related area preferred.
- Five or more years of progressively increasing responsible supervisory work experience that involved direct leadership of professional staff, oversight and evaluation of staff performance and deliverables, and contract/grant management.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in creating an enabling environment to facilitate private sector investment.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in development and implementation of strategic plans.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in developing and maintaining effective work relationships.
- Demonstrated high-level experience in writing proposals, concept notes, and business plans.
- Demonstrated understanding of legislation and regulations that facilitate business, trade, investment and job creation in Afghanistan.
- Demonstrated knowledge of support infrastructure required for private sector investment.
- Proven knowledge of budgeting and financial management to support investment strategies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the social, political and economic environment in Afghanistan.
Interested candidates who matches the above criteria may apply for this position, please send applications along with their CV to the below mentioned email, DO NOT FORGET to mention the Job Title and Vacancy number at the subject line of your email, otherwise your application will be accepted.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.