|Date Posted:||Oct 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Nov 1, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Open Ended|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About Afghan Wireless Communication Company:
About Bayat Foundation:
“A bright Future of Afghanistan” (Bright Future) program is an initiative of the Foreign Affairs of the Kingdom of Netherlands under “Addressing Root Cause (ARC)” fund, aimed to nourish private sector, create employment, build capacity of the educated youth and SMEs. ARC fund is contributed to numerous other countries including Afghanistan.
Bright Future program is being implemented by a Consortium, Bayat Foundation is one of the main partners and responsible for Employability, Job Readiness Training, Providing Internship and Career follow-up activities. For further details: www.brightfuture.af
The Bayat Foundation
Provides programs and partnerships offering healthcare for women and newborns, increases access to education, and creates economic empowerment through entrepreneurship and social justice in Afghanistan. The organization is part of the Bayat Group, one of the largest privately owned companies in Afghanistan, which owns companies in telecommunications (Afghan Wireless), media (Ariana Television Network), industrial infrastructure, and the energy and logistics sectors. It has shown an ability to work successfully with government officials and organizations at regional and national levels in order to build industries. For further details: (www.bayatfoundation.org ).
The duty and responsibility are mentioned as below:
Requires travel to provinces:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Focal Point for the SMEs of all the tracks
- Works throughout the programm
- Responsible for being a resource person, knowledge and learning point, has the contact details of all the SMEs, connects them with the Ecosystem (PW4 of BFP)
- Coordinates among the SMEs, Ecosystem and other programm stakeholders and beneficiaries
- Perfectly knows about the nature, strengths, facilities, challenges, networks and opportunities, facilitates new and existing SMEs (of PW2&3 of BFP) to the opportunities, networks and strengths of other SMEs for more benefits of the beneficiaries.
- Organizes and manages network meetings, informal and formal meetings, serves as a “Customer Service” for SMEs.
- Assists the new partners (of PW3) in revising the curriculum, finding next batch of SMEs, setting up and organizing training, taking trained SMEs next steps.
- Works closely with the partners to set up MOUs with the financial institutions and investors, works as the focal point for the financial institutes and focal points, answers to inquiries, assists the SMEs in preparing investment requests
- Works as an active focal point and coordinator for all the deliverable of PW3, i.e. revision of curriculum, delivering training, coaching, business plan improvements peer 2 peer forums, network meetings, events etc.
- Reports to Bayat Foundation and assists the management committee in meeting the deliverable of the BFP.
- NB: The Aforementioned are key responsibilities of the job-holder but full job ToR will be described upon job description.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
- First-level university degree (Master degree will be preferred) in project management, business administration, or a related field with a minimum of three years of progressively professional experience.
- Minimum of three years of progressive responsible experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Advanced experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Strong working knowledge of SMEs settings, SMEs development mechanisms, business development & marketing, business development in the private sector, training and capacity building, preferably the way of working in Afghanistan’s business context.
- Strong background in managing teams.
- Strong background in data collection, analysis and presentation of data
- At ease making public presentations and liaising with external stakeholders
- Strong experience in usage of Microsoft Office software package (MS Word, Excel especially)
- Knowledge of Accountability to Affected Populations, and Communicating with Communities
The interested candidates should submit their resume email to:
Kindly mention the position title in the subject line of your e-mail:
(Business and Economic Expert/AWCC/HR/19/VA/040) Otherwise your application will not be acceptable.
AWCC regrettably cannot respond to individual queries in relation to job or on the status of individual applications due to high numbers of applicants. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date, then please assume that your application has not been successful.