|Date Posted:||May 14, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 29, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 - 3 Years|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
Founded in 2004, The First Microfinance Bank - Afghanistan (FMFB-A) is part of the Aga Khan Agency for Microfinance (AKAM), which has programmes in over 10 countries throughout the developing world. FMFB-A's vision is to be recognized as the leading microfinance services provider contributing to poverty alleviation and economic development through the provision of sustainable financial services primarily targeting micro/small businesses and households. The bank provides credit and deposit products to a wide range of clients including micro, small and medium enterprises along with commercial banking and international remittance services.
The bank is also a member of the Global Alliance for Banking on Values (GABV) - an independent network of banks using finance to deliver sustainable economic, social and environmental development. Our values-based banking agenda focuses on providing affordable financial services that promote entrepreneurship, agriculture, incremental housing and clean energy in Afghanistan.
With over 1,100 employees (20% women), FMFB-A operates in 14 provinces of Afghanistan through 39 branches (including one women only branch). The number of FMFB-A clients across 14 provinces reaches about 180,000 (23% women) both in rural and urban areas. The FMFB-A loan outstanding and savings values reach to over AFN 6.2 billion and AFN 2.5 billion, respectively.
Business Intelligence Unit (BIU) Officer is responsible for managing all product/MIS and internal/
External reporting and business intelligence activities. This position requires strong analytical and
Conceptual skills to analyses data, create reports and conduct market research from time to time.
Provinces to travel:
1. Strong written and verbal communication in English.
2. Strong financial, analytical and conceptual skills.
3. Good presentation skills.
4. Efficiency in Word, Power Point and Excel.
5. Ability to manage multiple tasks.
6. Fluency in English and local language(s).
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Providing banking products and services related market, consumer and competitive intelligence.
2. Developing and maintaining all BSM specific MIS reports (internal and externa.
3. Conducting market research; developing, conducting, collating and analyzing survey/FGD results on
Behalf of the BSM and submit findings.
4. Coordinating with relevant FMFB branches/departments and/or external parties to facilitate any
Survey/research processes conducted by FMFB and/or external parties.
5. Monitoring MELD data entry by the branches and its Social Outcome Analysis reporting.
6. Following up and reporting progress made on VBB relevant activities.
7. Conducting and monitoring comprehensive research on all new areas advised by the HoBSM.
8. Participating in both internal and external events/meetings as needed.
9. Taking part in preparation of RFPs/Proposals/PAD being submitted by the department.
Duty Station BSM Dep't
10. Preparing, maintaining, and updating data, reports and records required by management. Assist team with Necessary competitive research and compile reports based on findings.
11. with support from the Senior BSM Manager, driving all aspects of the assigned loan and liability
Products category, including analysis and reporting.
12. Preparing client’s success stories for Enterprise, Housing and Agriculture loans.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
1. Bachelor in Business/Marketing/Statistical Sciences.
2. 3+ years’ Experience; preferably with a financial institution.
If you meet the above requirements, we are encouraging you to apply for this position. Please send us your CV along with a cover letter and fill the FMFB standard job application form (click here to get the form) via email (email@example.com) no later than 29-May-19.
Please make sure that your email includes the vacancy ID as the subject line.
Note that, only the candidates who are meeting the requirements of the position will be shortlisted.