|Date Posted:||Oct 13, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Nov 27, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||7|
|Functional Area:||Procurement and logistics|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||6 month(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About UN-WFP Afghanistan:
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world's largest humanitarian Agency, fighting hunger worldwide. WFP has been working in Afghanistan since 1963. In 2014, WFP fed over 3.6 million vulnerable Afghans and our operations include: capacity building, Purchase of Progress (P4P), Food Voucher, Food for Assets, Food for Work, Food for Training, Food for Education, Mother-and-Child Health and Nutrition and Emergency Relief. WFP food assistance aims to help the most vulnerable, food insecure Afghans, including women and children, as well as families affected by conflict and natural disasters.
To deliver standard logistics business processes for Supply Chain CBT function so as to facilitate effective delivery of Supply Chain CBT services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Organize and conduct food retail supply chain and markets assessments to identify and contract wholesalers/retailers;
2. Administer wholesalers/retailers contracts (maintain a contracts tracking database) and monitor/track retailers performances in coordination with partners, and based on well-established key performance indicators,
3. Perform and coordinate food quality control activities, and manage the mobile point of sales (mPOS) equipment in coordination with IT SCOPE team;
4. Perform reconciliations of wholesalers/retailers transactions data, verify and process retailers invoices, and process payment requests;
5. Gather information with clear direction to support the drafting of documents and preparing reports by other staff;
6. Respond to queries and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate service to clients;
7. Support processing and managing routine supply chain – CBT administrative and financial tasks, to contribute to the effective and timely management of resources;
8. Provide revision and proof-reading services for standard documents, to contribute to the development of accurate documentation;
9. Take responsibility for the maintenance of set standard systems and files, to ensure information is accurate and readily available for the function;
10. Identify simple discrepancies in statistics and data, such as missing information, and report to senior staff in order to support clients to deliver their work;
11. Take responsibility for data integrity to facilitate availability of accurate information in corporate systems;
12. Provide guidance on routine business support methods and practices to junior colleagues to ensure services are delivered consistently and to the required standards;
13. Work with a variety of individuals, taking on feedback where appropriate to assist in business support delivery for staff.
Education: Preferably a University Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance and related training. Minimum requirement is completion of secondary school education coupled with relevant experience.
Experience: Three or more years of progressively responsible work experience in supply chain, logistics, or procurement with experience in general administrative work.
Knowledge & Skills: Proficient in the use of office equipment and computer software packages, such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
Knowledge of work routines and methods in order to complete processes under minimal supervision.
Uses tact and courtesy to give and receive information to a wide range of individuals.
Ability to identify data discrepancies and rectify problems requiring attention.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English. Fluency in oral and written local languages is desirable.