|Date Posted:||Jul 23, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Aug 9, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||3 - 4 Years|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
About AACS Consulting:
AACS Consulting is a management solutions and professional services firm providing various clients services of global standards in local settings. Innovative approach, technical know-how and a focus on results define the work done at AACS Consulting where a capable team of national and international experts passionately design effective solutions to various international trade and development challenges.
For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has delivered services to a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions. These services have been offered in areas of Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, and Audit and Tax Advisory.
The Strengthening Watershed and Irrigation Management (SWIM) Project in coordination to MAIL and MEW, has recently approved to conduct the feasibility study of Khush Tepa canal in Kunduz province in support of its strategic plan to enhance the sustainable use of water in agriculture.
The Project is located in the northern Afghanistan province of Kunduz, approximately 300 km northwest of Kabul. The proposed irrigation scheme will be around 200 km long and will be irrigating the cultivated catchment area of (500,000 ha). The extent of this area will depend mainly on water and soil availability as well as environmental constraints that will be identified through the Feasibility Study.
Years of Experience: 3-4 Years
Contract Duration: 6 Months with possibility of extension.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Master’s Degree)
Requires travel to provinces:
· Well-developed drafting and drawing skills.
· Understanding of construction, working drawings, and engineering terms and standards.
· Proficient in the current release of AutoCAD.
· Proficiency in Excel and other MS office applications, Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
· Familiarity with advance engineering drawing tools is an asset.
· Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Preparation of drawings and details for irrigation (hydraulic) structures including intakes, drops, protection walls, retaining walls, aprons, escapes, dykes, spurs, weirs, aqueducts, siphons, flumes, and others as and whenever specified by the supervisor using AutoCAD applications;
· Prepares engineering drawings utilizing AutoCAD applications for such features as site plans, foundation and plans, front, rear and side elevations, cross sections and schedules.
Interact with engineers and designers to quickly and accurately create drawings during design process;
· Maintain drawing files and coordinate document distribution to other components;
· Understand the uses of drawing levels, reference files and AutoCAD tools;
· Familiar with drafting and document control practices in an engineering office with focus on Irrigation/Civil engineering;
· Fill in technical details using drawings, rough sketches, specifications, and calculations made by engineers and surveyors;
· Prepare drawings used in the layout and construction phase of the project;
· Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed;
· Be able to prepare site plan, Topo Plan, Contour map and long and cross sections in AutoCAD Civil -3D;
· Shall have full coordination with design engineer; and
· Any other duties assigned by supervisor.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
Bachelor’s Degree (preferably Master’s Degree) required in Civil/Irrigation engineering or similar fields with three years or more of experience in a similar position.
· Solid background in 2D AutoCAD techniques (knowledge of AutoCAD 3D Environment preferred) and also shall have background in AutoCAD Civil 3D.