|Date Posted:||Mar 3, 2020|
|Closing Date:||May 3, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Functional Area:||Management,Business Administration|
|Salary Range:||Salary is negotiableAF|
|Years of Experience:||2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
About Afghan Bureau Collaboration Office (ABCO):
ABCO is a national organization having social development programs, active in multiple provinces of Afghanistan.
We are looking for a Cafe Manager (Female) and an Assistant manager (Female) in Mazar-e-Sharif city. Manager & Assistant manager shall work at CAFE FAMILLA. CAFE FAMILLA is a project going to be run by ABCO with support of an international donor as part of Women Social Development & Empowerment program. Manager & Assistant manager shall will be assigned to organize daily operations and motivate staff to provide excellent customer service.
Cafe Manager responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas and wait staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, tea, milk, snacks and other bakeries, as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in a restaurant or similar experience. Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays.
Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our cafe into a favorite local spot.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
- Hire and onboard new wait staff and baristas
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks)
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
Job Location:Afghanistan, Balkh
- Work experience as a Cafe Manager or Barista, or experience of working in restaurant
- Hands-on experience with professional catering machines like coffee and other kitchen equipment
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- Bachelor's degree preferable in Business
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus