|Date Posted:||Nov 24, 2019|
|Closing Date:||Dec 5, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Probation Period:||6 months|
About International Development Law Organization (IDLO):
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
The Capacity Building Specialist will provide coaching to personnel at partner institutions to improve their capacity to plan and implement security and gender programs. The Capacity Building Specialist’s activities will lead to the Afghan partner justice institutions improving their ability to diversify their workforce and to better enable better access to justice for the Afghan people.
Provinces to travel:
· Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment.
· Experience working on gender issues and a strong advocate for gender rights.
· Experience ensuring gender balance and meaningful participation in capacity building initiatives
· Proven experience in mainstreaming gender in capacity development
· Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Good knowledge of MS products. Proficient use of software and the internet.
· Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
· Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
· Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
· Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities will include
1. Professional training, facilitation and mentoring;
· Develop strategic plans (including in Finance, Human Resources, and/or Procurement processes as needed) for the professional development of government officials in justice and related institutions
· Coach and facilitate skills training on assessed needs of relevant staff at partner institutions;
· Support partner institutions in the development and execution of relevant training plans for professional development (including on security, gender, women’s empowerment and law as needed) in line with acceptable standard protocols;
· Contribute to the development of policies, guidelines and protocols for effective security management of the institutions
· Support partner justice institutions' inter- departmental cooperation and communication on legal and security capacity development related issues to support effective resourcing of training programs and to demonstrate the value of a well-functioning training structure;
· Provide timely high-quality inputs to internal and external reports on activities and progress against deliverables and schedules, as well as thematic reports;
· Ensure gender concerns and gender equality are mainstreamed across all training initiatives
- Produce written weekly and quarterly reports of activities;
- Develop monthly progress on work plan implementation as well as other reports or information requested;
- Conduct research and reporting on other matters as assigned
- Update training schedule as needed
- Collaborate with Monitoring and Evaluation team to report information as needed
- Ensure all data collected is disaggregated by age and gender
3. Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor
Job Location:Afghanistan, Kabul
· University degree in Business Administration or a relevant field.
· Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience, professional experience with an Afghan justice sector agency, NGO, or international organization.
· Fluency in spoken and written English and Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage.