|Date Posted:||Aug 4, 2010|
|Closing Date:||Aug 21, 2010|
|Number of Vacancies:||6|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyUSD|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Not specified|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||false|
|Contract Type:||Short Term|
|Probation Period:||1 month|
Creative Associates International Inc. is a dynamic and fast-growing professional services firm that specializes in international development in the areas of education, democratic transitions and stabilization in post-conflict environments. Based in Washington, DC, the firm has a field presence in 20 countries worldwide. PROGRAM DESCRIPTION The USAID Office of Transition Initiative (OTI) funded Community Cohesion Initiative (CCI) is one of three principal stabilization programs in the USAID/Afghanistan Stabilization Unit. Through CCI, USAID OTI seeks to improve stability in areas vulnerable to insurgent exploitation in order to create an enabling environment for sustainable peace and traditional development programs by (1) strengthening ties between and among local actors, customary governance structures, and the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GIRoA) and (2) empowering community-based resiliencies to mitigate sources of instability.
CREATIVE seeks Afghan nationals to fill the role of Capacity Development Facilitator. The Capacity Development Facilitator (CDF) is responsible for planning and implementing field activities to facilitate the provision of capacity development assistance and grant making support to local CSOs. The CDF facilitates the participation of women-focused CSOs in the ASGP program. She/he is also responsible for monitoring the implementation and completion of the awarded grants and the provision of field data to the program monitoring and evaluation system within ASGP.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Liaising and maintaining close contact and communication with local CSOs operating in the region
2. Assist local CSOs in developing Applications and other grants related documents
3. Assist CSOs in completing the pre- award grant documentats
4. Provide and coordinate technical assistance to applicant CSOs
5. Monitor and support the implementation of the awarded grants
6. Ensure the provision of monitoring and evaluation reports and data to the Operations Office for insertion into the regional office data base
7. Ensuring the preparation and submission of Tranche Payment/Procurement Requests to the Grants Unit in Kabul through the Operations Officer in the regional office.
8. Ensure the production and submission of grant completion documents.
9. Complete and submit weekly activity reports to the Regional Program Manager.
10. Other duties as assigned by the Regional Program Manager.
Applications are sought from candidates who can clearly demonstrate in a cover letter and CV the following experience/competencies:
â€¢ University degree and minimum of three year in community development and grants projects
â€¢ Community outreach and communication skills
â€¢ Knowledge and understanding of issues impacting women and girls in Afghanistan and experience in assisting them to address these issues
â€¢ Group facilitation and advocacy programming skills
â€¢ Organization and time management skills
â€¢ Computer literacy and report writing skills