|Date Posted:||Jun 30, 2020|
|Closing Date:||Jul 13, 2020|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2|
|Salary Range:||As per NTA salary scale policyAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 Year|
|Contract Duration:||10 month(s)|
About Ministry of Public Health:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Disability and Rehabilitation is one of the key components of Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS). The physical rehabilitation services are providing at districts hospitals, provincial hospitals, regional and national specialized hospitals, beside these interventions 23 specialized physical rehabilitation centres are functional at 17 different provinces and providing prosthetics, orthotics, physiotherapy, mobility aid devices in order to restore the functional abilities of person with disabilities and integrate them into society.
Due to the enormous needs for the physical rehabilitation services in the country Technical Orthopaedic Centers has established by MoPH to provide physical rehabilitation services (Prosthetics and Orthotics, artificial limbs, mobility aid devices and physiotherapy services to the physical disable. The said Centres become functional with the technical and financial support of Disability and Physical Rehabilitation project in 1389. Disability and Rehabilitation project is national project funded by National Development Budget (Discretionary fund) of Ministry of Finance. This project is run under the direct management of disability and Rehabilitation Program, Ministry of Public Health. Under this project physical rehabilitation services (Prosthetics, Orthotics, Physiotherapy and Mobility Aid Devices) are providing for person with Physical Disabilities in order to integrate them into society and make them positive contributor to the national development.
The Carpenter will be working under the supervision of the supervisor of the centre and will fabricate various types of seating chairs and devices for cerebral palsy children’s and physical disable people according to the prescription of the technical team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. To work under the supervision of the center supervisor.
2. Design and manufacture different types of chairs for person with physical disabilities particularly for cerebral palsy and other musculoskeletal deformities.
3. Work closely with technical team and construct seats for CP children.
4. Prepare the seats and chair for person with physical disabilities according to the prescription of the professional team as required for each patient demand.
5. To help disabled people by the production of orthopaedic devices which are ordered by the physiotherapy section
6. Prepare and fabricate all the appliance (chair, seats) according to the standards
8. To participate in the workshop weekly meetings.
9. Able to draw the sketches of devices
10. Provide monthly, quarterly and annually statistic and narrative report of the workshop activities
Any other duties commensurate with level as instructed by line manager
1. Basic Education (read and write)
2. Able to take the measurement for fabrication chairs
3. At least one year practical experience
Job Location:Afghanistan, Bamyan, Baghlan
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Ahmad Nawid Barekzai ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
The test and interview will be taken from the following references