|Date Posted:||Jul 30, 2021|
|Closing Date:||Jul 31, 2021|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||5 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1 year(s)|
|Possibility of Contract Extension:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN:
Turquoise Mountain is a non-profit, non-governmental organization specializing in urban regeneration, business development, and education in traditional arts and architecture. We seek to provide jobs, skills, and a renewed sense of national pride to Afghan men and women. Since 2006 Turquoise Mountain has cleared 35,000 cubic meters of rubbish from the streets, restored 150 historic and community buildings, created a primary school and a clinic, and installed water, electricity and sanitation through the historic traditional craft neighborhood of Murad Khani in the old city of Kabul. It has created the internationally accredited Institute for Afghan Arts & Architecture, training the next generation of craftsmen and women in woodwork, jewelry and gem cutting, calligraphy and miniature painting, and ceramics. Finally, it has sold over US$ 6,000,000 of Afghan artisan products internationally.
Turquoise Mountain is mid-way through a four-year program with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). This program aims to create 5,000 jobs in the carpet and jewelry value-chains in Afghanistan and facilitate the sale of 20,000,000 worth of Afghan carpet and jewelry products to international markets. The program will build the technical capacity of those active in both value-chains, improve working conditions and ensure environmental standards, raise awareness about production abilities in Afghanistan, improve order fulfilment, and increase exports of higher-margin carpet and jewellery products, thereby increasing income-generating opportunities for thousands of Afghans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Carpet Graphing Officer/Trainer is the link between international carpet clients and the carpet producing companies. The Carpet Graphing Officer/Trainer will work closely with Turquoise Mountain’s carpet technical experts as well as the carpet producing companies. They will work daily developing graphs of carpets on behalf of Turquoise Mountain international clients and they will also offer support and training to new and established graphers who are employed directly by the carpet producer companies. The Carpet Graphing Officer/Trainer will be based in Aqcha with some domestic travel.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Carpet Technical experts and the Carpet Program Manager, the Carpet Graphing Officer/Trainer will:
• Be responsible for developing all types of graphs for client’s carpets within a short timeframe (48 hours). The graphs will need to specify the % of wool and silk in the carpet as well as the exact coloration.
• Be responsible for providing technical training and support for new and established graphers who work for the carpet producer companies.
• Be responsible to create new designs based on international market trend.
• Perform any other relevant task assigned by Supervisor.
• High school degree with at least 5 years of experience in graphing carpets.
• Fully understand of Boria Software
• Computer knowledge
• Training skills
• Ability to complete graphs accurately and within a short time frame
• A fast-acting and pro-active attitude.
• A good disposition towards collaboration and teamwork.