|Date Posted:||May 9, 2019|
|Closing Date:||May 21, 2019|
|Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1|
|Functional Area:||Accounting/Finance ,Communication|
|Salary Range:||As per company salary scaleAF|
|Years of Experience:||1 - 2 Years|
|Contract Duration:||1Year & 6 Months|
|Probation Period:||3 months|
About World Vision International :
The World Vision Afghanistan (WVA) has been working in Badghis, Herat and Ghor provinces for more than10 years addressing health, education and livelihood and protection issues to improve the well-being of girls and boys. The relationship with the Afghanistan government at the national, provincial, district and village levels is very strong, as is the relationship with the communities in which WVA works. Together with the government and the communities in the target areas, WVA has been working to achieve its national strategy for improving the survival and well being of Afghan girls and boys through building the foundation for a better future for them, their families, and their communities.
Note:Subject to donor's approval
This is a full-time, grant-funded Cash Assistant position based in Qala-i-Naw with regular travels to Qadis district and Qala-i-Naw suburban areas. Together the cash officer, the assistant will carry out all cash-distribution related activities under OFDA II project.
Requires travel to provinces:
• Thorough and demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles, financial systems and practical knowledge of electronics and financial systems and internal financial controls and procedures.
• Knowledge of MS Office, Lotus Notes and computerized accounting systems.
• Ability to work effectively with minimal direction.
• Strong communication skills in English (oral and written).
• Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment.
• Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Book the chronological transactions.
• Conduct field visit prior to any planned distribution of Cash to ensure the minimum distribution standards as per WVA distribution mechanism and strategy
• Implement the WV financial policies and procedures and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
Support the cash officer in designing cash project that are integrating with relevant sectors i.e Health WASH and Livelihoods
• Prepare and generate vouchers and code them according to the donor codes and appropriate accounting codes.
• Ensure to scan all the original documents on a monthly basis and make sure all supporting documents are attached.
• Make sure that all the payments are paid and supporting documents are all stamped “paid” and all transactions are properly signed based upon the LOA before it is sent to Herat.
• Ensure that financial records provide clear documentation and approvals and that internal control procedures are followed.
• Ensure that all transaction are properly referenced By location,by Journal type, funding source, and projects.
• Make sure all vouchers are filed properly and kept safe.
• Conducts all business payments according to WVAFGO policy.
• Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned by the cash officer.
Job Location:Afghanistan, Badghis
- At least one year experience in accounting or finance.
- The position is based in Qala-i-Naw with regular travels to Qadis District and QiN Suburban areas.